Head Over Heels

Peggy's POV.

After saying good night to Steve or ,Captain Rogers, I went in and got ready for bed. While I was getting ready I couldn't stop thinking of the wonderful night we had together. I never would have dreamed I would be falling for Steve Rogers! He was so.... different before. I always admired him, but now that I've gotten to know him... it's like I'm floating whenever I'm around him.

I hummed to myself as I washed my face. "He's so gallant, sweet," I sighed. "Selfless, witty, so courageous! He's always been courageous. And... just...." I sighed again thinking about him. "Wonderful." Then I giggled. "But he's so shy and humble too! He has no idea how wonderful he is."

I went over to my bed still remembering our date. I laid down and turned off the light. The moonlight gleamed through the window. I then gradually fell asleep.

All of the sudden I was awake. I looked around and realized I was in a ballroom. People were everywhere. They were dancing and celebrating. But for what? I asked myself. I then looked over to see a sign saying that the war was over and that we had won! I gasped with excitement!

All of the sudden I looked over to see Steve standing in the middle of the ballroom. He was looking around and looked confused. I went over to him and touched his arm. He turned around and looked at me. "Peggy?" He asked. I nodded. "The wars over Steve! We can go home." I told him. "Really?" He asked. "Yes. Look!" I said pointing to the sign. He smiled widely. "I see it, but I don't believe it!" He exclaimed.

I watched him as he took everything in. He turned to me and saw me. He grinned. "Well now that we aren't busy with anything. Would you like to dance Miss. Carter?" He asked. "I thought you were waiting for the right partner to come along?" I asked. "She has." Was all he said.

He looked me in the eyes then grabbed my hand, spinning me into his arms. He pulled me close and we began to dance.

We pulled apart slightly

We pulled apart slightly. "Steve I'm so happy." I said. "I am to." He said. We looked into each others eyes. I felt as if we were connect. Suddenly my eyes fluttered open.

I looked around my room and realized I had only been dreaming. I sighed in disappointment. "Well maybe someday it will be like that." I said to myself. I then went to the widow and saw a star in the sky. "Good night Steve." I said. I then walked back over to the bed. I laid down and drifted off to sleep.