A Ghost From The Past

Steve's POV.
We drove the car to a parking lot a park then got out and walked to Sam's house. We went into his back yard and nocked on the back patio door. The door slid open and Sam stood in front of us confused. "Hey man." He said. "I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low. " I answered. He still looked confused. "Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Nat explained. "Not everyone." He answered. And let us in. After explaining the situation to him he looked at our close. "You can clean up in there." he told us, pointing to the guest bedroom. "Thanks." I said. Natasha and I both went in and I let her go take a shower first. After she came out I went in and took mine. When I had put my under shirt back on I opened the door and saw Natasha sitting on the bed staring sadly in space and thinking. "You okay?" Is asked her. "Yeah." She answered. I could tell she wasn't so I asked her. "What's going on." She paused. "When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but.... I guess I can't tell the difference anymore." She said sadly. I really didn't know what to tell her. "There's a chance you may be in the wrong business." I decided to say. She smiled faintly. "I owe you." She told me. "It's okay." She paused for a moment. "If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me...." She cautioned. "Would you trust me to do it?" She asked. I thought for a second. "I would now, and I'm always honest." I assured her. "Well you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing." She giggled. "Well I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting." We sat there. The door to the bedroom opened and I heard Sam speak. "I made breakfast. If you guys... eat that sort of stuff." Then he closed the door. I shrugged. "We should go." I said as I got up. I walked to the door and had my hand on the door nob when Natasha asked me a question. "Why did you...." Natasha started, then she stopped. I turned around. "Why did I what?" I asked confused. "Why did you...kiss me...last night?" She asked blushing. "Why did I..." I nodded awkwardly. "Oh. That." I sat back down on the bed. I looked down at my hands. Then looked back up to see Natasha waiting for am explanation. "Oh, um... Why did I...kiss...you...okay well... The reason I kissed you last night was because... I wanted to. Yeah." I started to get up and I felt a hand grab my arm. "You didn't answer the question." She pulled me back down. "I didn't? I was sure I did." I said nervously. She shook her head. "No. you didn't." "Fine because...I like you." "Really? Well I like you to." I smiled and we began to lean in. Then Sam opened the door. "You guys ready?"Sam asked. "Yep!" I said "Yep! Let's go." Natasha said. We went into the living room after eating and talked about what we were going to do, how we would kidnap Sitwell and take down HYDRA. Then Sam gave us a "resume" and explained that he was a para rescue. "I heard they couldn't bring in the chopper because of the RPGs what did you use? A stealth chute?" Nat asked him. "No these." He handed us a picture of wings? "I thought you said you were a pilot." I said looking up at him. "I never said pilot." He said with a slight laugh. "I can't ask you to do this Sam. You got out for a good reason." I told him. "Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." He said. "Where can we get one of these things?" I asked him "the last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates, and twelve inch steal wall." He stated. Natasha and I looked at each other. She shrugged her shoulders. "Shouldn't be a problem." I told him. When we were leaving the house I turned to Steve. "I don't think we should start anything between each other right now. With the mission and all and... I think you could do better." I told him. "That's not true. Your great." He told me. "I know but I'm not ready." She said. I looked at her confused. "Okay." **********************************
*******************************************
Two days later....
Sam's POV.
I was sitting outside of a cafe waiting for Sitwell to come out. He finally did with the Senator along with him. After they said goodbye I called him. "Who is this?" He asked. "The good looking guy with the sunglasses. Your ten a lock. Your other ten a clock. There you go." He saw me. "What do you want?" He asked. "Your gunna go around the corner, to your right. There's going to be a grey car, two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride." I told him. "And why would I do that?" "Because that tie looks really expensive and I really hate to mess it up." Sitwell sees the red laser pointed at his tie and he walks to the grey car.