Chapter 45 - Cards will be turned

A/N: Uunahan ko na kayo. This happened before Xavier went to Paris for their wedding and why they haven't heard anything from him. And everything will be revealed really soon, sweeties. :)

Enjoy this chapter.

~

XAVIER'S POV

"Kamusta ka na? Can you hear me?"

It was the very first thing I heard as soon as I opened my eyes. Tito Chad was in front of me and he was holding my hand tightly. I don't know whether I would laugh or panic in my position. Yet, my body was too weak to do both kaya wala din akong nagawa. And since I couldn't answer properly, I politely nodded my head at Tito Chad and he heaved out a sigh.

"Kaya mo pa ba?" he asked once again. His lips and voice were both trembling at mas lalo pang humihigpit ang hawak nya sa kamay ko.

I know what he meant. I know it too well.

Hindi ko akalain na pupuntahan ako ni Tito Chad and I didn't expect that he would know where I was. Maybe Dad told him. I know that Audriana won't say a thing to his parents about me not showing up nor answering any of her messages and calls. At ilang araw ko ng ginagawa iyon hindi lang sa kanya kung hindi pati sa mga kaibigan namin.

The reason why I walked out of her room that night because I was already in pain. Sa sobrang sakit ay naiyak na ko sa harap nya but, I needed to smile. I need her to hear my words. And If I stayed longer than that, she would start asking questions that I can't answer for now.

Mas lalong humigpit ang hawak ni Tito Chad sa kamay ko at unti unti itong umiyak sa harap ko. Wala akong nagawa. I couldn't even speak.

"Audriana and the others  may not be talking about it in front of us pero nararamdaman ko kung gaano sila nag-aalala sayo. Not answering any of their calls and messages? Asking your parents to cove up for you? They are going crazy about this. As a father, I couldn't bare seeing them like that especially, my daughter. She may show up a brave face in front of us pero anak ko sya, alam ko ang nasa isip nya. Nahihirapan ako na nahihirapan sya. And Chase? I may not be your real father, but I also treated you as my own child. Alam kong alam mo iyon.

I hated the fact that you don't want to tell her what's happening. At mas lalo kong nagagalit sa sarili ko dahil kahit ako, na sarili nyang ama, ay hindi ko masabi. Gusto kitang saktan, murahin sa mga pagsisinungaling mo sa kanya, sa pagpa-paasa mo at sa mga ginagawa mo. God knows how much I want to beat the hell out you! Nanggigigil ako. Nagagalit. Naiinis. Hindi ko kasi masikmura ang lahat! At sobrang sakit bilang ama, na kinailangan kong sikmurain lahat lahat para lang matupad namin ang hiling mo. But you know what? Inspite of all the things I want to say and do to you, mas nasasaktan ako with the fact that alam kong mas masakit at higit pa para sa iyo lahat ng ito."

I was crying along with Tito Chad and his words. Halos hindi ako makahinga.

Alam ko naman at naiintidihan ko ang nararamdaman nya. It's just hard on me that I could not even try to save myself from his words dahil lahat ng iyon ay totoo.

"Naalala mo pa ba yung sinabi ko sayo before you went on board in that bus for your class activity? I told you to not push yourself and to not think so much about it, didn't I? Kasi sa oras na bumigay ka, malalaman nya. But you didn't listen. You pushed yourself to your limits and kept everything inside para lang ipakita sa kanya na kaya mo. And surprise motherfucker, I was right. And you know what's even more stupid? It's when you decided to keep going with your plan in your worst state. Hindi ko na alam kung paano ka pipigilan when I saw how happy Audriana is. Wala akong nasabi. Mas pinili ko ng manahimik at magbulag-bulagan pa lalo... but I can't take this anymore. Chase, pwede bang tama na?"