Chapter 27 - Nightmare

Ever since that night Xavier hasn't talked to me at any means. And because I was grounded, I couldn't go to their place to personally apologize to him and make peace. I also tried apologizing to my Dad but everytime I do, my Mom won't let me. She just keeps on saying that I should just give my Dad a time to think and cool his head off.

Since then, hatid sundo na din ako kaya palaging school-bahay lang ang punta ko. Which is really not a problem since, madalas na nags-sleep over ang barkada sa bahay. Well, except from Xavier. Kasi kahit sa school hindi nya ako kinakausap. He has been giving me cold treatment three days a row now. Ni 'ha' o 'ho' wala. Ni isang tingin hindi din nya magawa.

I tried acting normally, like what he treats me does not affect me but everytime he walks away from us, I feel like crying. I'm really not used to him acting like that.

"You can just cry, you know." Sydney said out of the blue. Great. I forgot that they are here and I was spacing out for the nth time.

"Cry? About?" I asked pretending that I didn't know what was she talking about.

They groaned.

"Kung normal kang tao, masasaktan ka sa hindi nya pagpansin sayo. Sa pagbaliwala nya sa presence mo. Sa bigla bigla nalang nyang pag-alis tuwing uwian natin. Normal ka pa ba?" Ash asked as she let out a frustrated sigh.

I shrugged. "Can't blame him. He has the right to be mad at me after what I did."

"Can you please stop pretending, Audrey? Can you just let your guard down? It's pissing me off for a while now. With us, you can just cry your heart out or whine or be frustrated! You can tell us anything! But here you are, acting like nothing is happening. Acting like you don't freaking care. Acting like you just don't give a damn!" Venice shrieked that made us all quiet. "Tao ka lang, Audrey. You have the freaking right to be hurt. And you have the freaking right to let it out! That's why we're here. Our existence is not just a mere display. We're here to be your pillow. We're here to be in your worst and best state. We're here for you to share your happiness and your loneliness. That's why we're called your 'friends'!"

"Puso mo, Ven." Brent joked and Venice gave him a sharp look so he zipped his mouth again.

I couldn't answer anything. Gustuhin ko man gawin lahat ng sinabe nya hindi ko magawa. I don't know. I wanted to weak in front of them but for an unknown reason, I just can't.

"Ugh! Fine! Take it all in! Hangga't kaya mo, go!" then she sighed and continued her words. "Just remember, pag hindi mo na talaga kaya nandito lang kami. We're always and take note of that, always here." she said and I just gave them all a faint smile.

*

I thought that I was just having a bad day, week and month pero may mas worse pa palang darating doon..

It's Monday again and I just got from school. Kanina pa ko bothered sa bagay na hindi ko mawari even before I left our house. And when, I got here... I felt something unusual.