Chapter 18 - Xavier

A/N:

Pasensya na. Ito lang nakayanan. I'll edit this when I can. Medyo lame. :)

~

Xavier and I decided to take a walk. He was holding my hand tightly and I can't help but smile. Mas masaya pala pag nagkakasakit si Xavier e. Nagiging sweet. Hahaha! Joke.

Later on, we found a spot with a cliff and since it was a starry night we both know that it'll be fun to watch stars in that spot.

As we sat near the cliff he placed his right hand around my waist and my head is currently lying on his chest. We were quiet for a while until he asked,

"Do you believe in forever?"

It made me look at him. He was not looking at me. Instead, his head is held up high and he's gazing up the stars.

"Why?" I asked him.

"'Cause I do. And I want you to believe in it too." then his gaze met my eyes. "I'll love you forever, Audriana and that's a promise. Will you love me forever too?"

I smiled, "Forever is a big word, Xavier. We're still young and we don't even know what's ahead of us. Mahirap mag-promise. Mahirap mangako sa isang bagay na hindi mo alam kung mangyayari ba. Mahirap dahil may mga bagay na pwedeng mabago. But, inspite of that.. I'll love you forever, Xavier and that's a promise. Kahit pa siguro sa future hindi tayo ang magkatuluyan alam kong mamahalin pa din kita. Sigurado ako doon dahil alam kong hindi na kita maaalis sa sistema ko. As I've said, I'm already used to loving you at mahirap alisin ang nakasanayan."

I thought that he would kiss me like what he always do after saying things that I mean. But instead, he turned his gaze elsewhere. Nakita kong lumungkot ang mukha nya pero mabilis nya ding naitago iyon.

"Why does it hurt to hear you say that?" he whispered.

"Xavier.."

"Paano kung hindi nga ako ang makatuluyan mo?" he asked and I immediately felt a pang of hurt inside me. Bakit ganun?

Then, without further saying anything, he hugged me tightly.

We stayed like that for a while until he started speaking again. "May it be or may it be not a possiblity, I don't ever want it to happen. But, if ever that happens.. if ever God takes you away from me, I hope that you won't ever forget about me. About us. I hope that somehow and someday I'll cross your mind and you'll be able to remember every memories that we made."

"How can I forget about you, Xavier? How can I forget these memories we're currently making? All you do is, make me happy and make me feel loved. How can I forget that?" I let go of his hug and cupped his face. "It won't happen, love. We can get through everything, right?"

He slyly smiled at me, "Of course. Hindi naman kita hahayaang mawala sakin e."