UNTOLD - 3

"Audrey, when are you gonna get married?"

Sydney questioned out of the blue and I choked at the morning latte that I just sipped. We were just happily having our breakfast without the guys and I don't know how the topic came to this.

Agad naman akong inabutan ni Ash ng tissue habang hinimas naman ni Erin ang likod ko. While Venice couldn't help but laugh at what just happened to me.

"Geez. Who chokes on coffee? Or did you choke at the word marriage?" She mocked and I rolled my eyes at her, "You're turning twenty nine in what? Ten months? Wala ka pa rin bang balak?"

Hindi ako agad na nakasagot. I kind of get why they were already pushing me to get married, lahat sila kasal na at ako nalang ang hindi.

Yes, oo na, ako na. Ako nalang ang hindi pa kasal sa magkakaibigan.

Hunter, Sydney, Trey and Erin had their double wedding four years ago. The year after that, ikinasal naman sina Gunner at Ash. And since Venice believes in the word sukob, Brent had to wait for another year for them to get married.

So basically, I got left behind.

But, does it really matter if I get married or not?

I mean, I already experienced the ceremony and I'll live with just the memory of it.

Besides, is there a use to getting married if the one that I wanted to marry is long gone?

I'll admit that even after all these years I'm still, and would always be, hung up on Xavier. Hindi ko kailanman ikakahiya o itatago iyon.

Siguro natutunan ko nalang ang ngumiti, tumawa at magpakasaya kahit na wala na sya. After all, that's what I promised him. That I'd continue my life without him and that I'd be happy.

Yet, I couldn't seem to fulfill the promise of finding the better man.

How would I be able to find the better man when for me, he'd always be the best man I'll ever have?

I know that I should be letting go of him and his memories. Sobrang tagal na e. I know that I should be doing it all for myself at alam ko namang maiintindihan din iyon ni Xavier, na hindi nya ko masisisi kapag tuluyan ko syang binitiwan and move on with my life.

He said it himself, I should not let him and his death stop me from doing the things I should and want to be doing.

Ngunit paano ko din matutupad ang lahat ng iyon kung ako mismo ang may ayaw na bitiwan sya?

I breathed out, "Wala. I don't see the want nor the need to be one. I'm fine with the way things are and it's not as if the world would end if I don't get married, right?"

"What's with you? We were asking you properly and you're gonna give us that crap?" Inis na sagot sa akin ni Venice at hindi ko rin naiwasang mainis sa kanya.

"Is it wrong to be honest with my feelings?" I retorted and didn't hide the fact that I got irritated with what she just stated,

"Ano naman kung hindi ako ikasal? Why should it affect you? Why do you give a damn? I chose it for myself. I've decided it for myself, kaya bakit mo kailangan na pakialam pa ang desisyon ko? Why force me on something I don't want to do? Did I ever do that to you? No, right?"

All of the people inside the coffee shop including the employees who were taking and making the orders suddenly got quiet because of my outburst. Habang hindi naman makapaniwalang tiningnan ako ng mga kaibigan ko lalong lalo na si Venice.