EPILOGUE

Two years ago

I woke up extra early for today.

I could hardly even sleep last night after I left Xavier on his own. So, today I decided to do something special for him.

Nagpabili ako ng ingredients sa mga maid because I wanted to cook Xavier's top three favorite food and I became more focused unto it when Papa Travis called saying that he got a special permission from the hospital and that I could bring Paris and Eiffel with me.

It was also a good thing na walang calls na nare-recieve from the company sina Mom and Dad and they both decided to accompany me to the hospital.

I wanted to make Xavier happy like how I did yesterday.

Ayoko na syang makitang umiyak and I want him to just keep smiling. Ayoko ng makitang nahihirapan sya kaya kakalimutan kong may sakit sya at papasayahin ko lang sya ng papasayahin hanggat kaya ko.

The situation's already bad and I don't want to regret anything.

After I was done with everything, nag-ayos na rin ako and the three of us went straight to the hospital.

However, as soon as we got there naabutan naming nagkakagulo ang mga nurses sa kwarto ni Xavier.

Tita Xaira was crying her heart out on the side, while Papa Travis was talking to the doctor with an unreadable expression on his face but his eyes and nose were both red.

Naalarma kaming tatlo nina Mommy kung kaya't agad kaming lumapit sa kanila. Mom rushed to Tita Xaira's side while Dad and I waited a few moments para makausap si Tito Travis after sya kausapin ng doctor.

"What is it about?" Agad na tanong ni Daddy kay Papa Travis as soon as he faced us.

Papa Travis faced Dad and he looked torn when his gaze met mine. It was like he didn't want to open his mouth yet, he needed to let everything out. He then took a deep breath before he started speaking.

"Chase... Chase wouldn't wake up."

Nasapo ni Mommy ang bibig nya at biglang sumiryoso ang expression ni Daddy ng marinig nila iyon.

We even heard Tita Xaira cried harder making Mom's eyes well up too. Niyakap nya si Tita Xaira because right now, she really needed someone to hold her.

Habang ako, yun palang ang sinabi ni Papa Travis samin ngunit pakiramdam ko huminto na ng tuluyan ang buong sistema ko.

"Na-check na ba nila lahat? There must have been some mistake? Like the intake of his medicine kaya mahaba lang ang tulog nya?" Pag rason ni Daddy not wanting to accept what he just stated.

Papa Travis shook his head on him. "Earlier, they checked everything, his heart rates, blood cells, blood pressures and everything they needed to—"

Napahinto ito sa pagsasalita nya and my heart ached as soon as I saw Papa Travis' tears roll down on his cheeks before he continued what he was saying.

"He's still breathing but, his organs are failing and unfortunately, they couldn't stop it."

"C—Can I see... him?" I muttered with my trembling lips.