Chapter 49 - The Truth (Part 1)

Authors Note: twitter.com/annewndrlst

~

Audriana was still out of her wits. Nakatayo lang ito doon habang nagkakagulo na silang lahat. Her whole body was trembling in fear at halos tulala lang ito. Tears were flowing freely from her eyes pero halos wala itong pakialam. She couldn't even blink for she was that afraid na baka mas may malala pang mangyari.

Yet, she was still aware of her surroundings. She could hear the screaming and muffled voices on the background. She could hear them yelling Xavier's name and she can also hear them calling her but, didn't attempt to make a move nor say anything.

She couldn't find her voice. She was just.. there. Staring at the unconscious body of Xavier and the blood everywhere.

"Audriana!!!" someone shouted and held both of her arms tight.

It was Brent. Agad nitong niyakap si Audrey thinking that she needed support the most from what had just happened. Ramdam na ramdam nito ang panginginig ni Audrey sa takot kaya't mas lalo nitong hinigpitan ang yakap nya rito kahit na alam nyang hindi na sasapat iyon.

"B-Brent.." She weakly called not bothering to make her tears stop. "Xavier.. Xavier's.."

Audrey couldn't finish her words. There's no way that she was able to. Ang makita iyon ay hindi nya na matanggap, paano pa ang sabihin at manggaling mula sa bibig nya?

Trey all of a sudden came and hushed his cousin. "Can you walk?" he queried and all she could do was nod her head in return. Maingat na inalalayan ni Brent ito para makapaglakad ng maayos.

They all knew that it would happen sooner or later. Matagal na nilang alam. They knew and they were scared. Iba pa din pala pala ang pakiramdam to see it with your own eyes. Ngunit kung natatakot man sila sa mga pwedeng mangyari, they were more scared of Audriana finding about the truth in everything.

However, it's now inevitable at wala na silang magagawa pa roon. Kailangan ng malaman ni Audriana ang lahat.

They all went in the hospital without even changing their dresses. Halos lahat sila ay wala na sa sarili para gawin pa iyon. Even Chad and A'ishah who were still arguing moments ago ay natahimik na. Taisha and the others were silent as well but, what can they do? Masakit mang aminin ay wala na silang magagawa.

Xaira was silently crying her heart out at pinapatahan naman ito ni Travis. They've already expected it. They were prepared for it. Hindi na bago sa kanila iyon for they were always the first ones to see it happening, Every. Single. Day.

Pero bilang magulang, kahit pa araw-araw mo ng nakikita at pinaghahandaan iyon, ay hindi pa rin nababawasan ang sakit. Dahil habang patagal ng patagal ay mas nadadagdagan pa.

"W-why is this happening? May s-sakit ba si Xavier?" hindi napigilang tanong ni Audriana sa kanilang lahat.

They all couldn't look at her straight. Dahil ang tingnan palang sya sa pagtatanong nya ay nasasaktan na sila and telling her the truth would make it worse.

Still, what choice do they have?

"Audrey, you see.." Taisha tried to reason but before she could even do that Hunter cut her off.

"Mom, please." Her son called with tears threatening to fall in his eyes. "Let's just tell her everything already. Nakita nya na e. Wag na nating itago. Mom, hindi ko na kaya. Please sabihin na natin." He pleaded as his voice broke. Hindi na nito napigilan ang pag-iyak.

As soon as Hunter cried, Sydney and Venice did too. Hindi na nila masikmura ang magtago pa.

"What do you mean, Hunter?" Audrey questioned with confusion all over her face. Why are they crying? Ano ang ibig nilang sabihin?

"Audrey," Trey the called her. He was clenching his fist hard.

Normally, he would crack a joke and just make it seem like nothing's happening. Normally, he would just pat his cousin's head and tell her that everything will be alright. Pero hindi na nya iyon kaya pang gawin. At hangga't kaya nya pang magsalita ng deretso ay sinabi nya na ang totoo. "Chase is dying."

She heard him. She heard him loud and clear. She heard him well. Yet, she managed to ask, "What?" as her lips tremble.

Imposible. She thought to herself.

How can he be dying? Ang lakas lakas nya pa. He was still smiling at her a while ago. They were dancing. He was still telling her that he's keeping his promise. Paano mangyayari iyon?

"This isn't funny, Trey." She muttered almost whispering and struggling to breathe. Halos ayaw nyang isipin na totoo iyon but the pain from her chest was the one telling her that she is indeed awake at hindi iyon masamang panaginip lamang.

Standing became too much for her at halos matumba na ito kung hindi lamang sya inaalalayan ni Brent na, kanina pa ding tahimik na humihikbi.

Trey shook his head on her before finally saying, "I wish I was joking." And let his tears fall.