[47]PoLiet: Someone to be With

Lithuania walks into the world conference and looks around to find anyone he could possibly talk to. Estonia and Latvia have started hanging around the Nordics more and they have kinda left him behind. He sees Russia talking to China and doesn't even consider going over there. He sighs and sits down and waits for the meeting to begin.

He sees someone sit down next to him out of the corner of his eye.

"Hey Liet," Poland greets.

"Hello Poland," Lithuania smiles back, he is happy to find a friend.

They sit there in silence and Lithuania's mind wonders as the chatter of those around him melds into one cluttered noise. Poland sighs audibly and leans back in his chair.

"I can't believe the the hasn't even like, started and I'm already bored," he complains.

Lithuania laughs a little. "I can understand that."

Poland nods and examines his nails.

"I like your skirt," Lithuania compliments, it is a dark blue, knee length one today.

Poland's face brightens. He then proceeds to tell Lithuania where he got it, what material it was made out of, etc. Lithuania listens intently and finds that enjoys it despite the fact it isn't a subject he is particularly knowledgeable about. They chat until the meeting starts.

After the meeting finally ends, Lithuania and Poland walk out together.

Poland grabs Lithuania's hand to stop him from leaving to his car. He tries to look him right in the eyes by standing on his toes.

"Why are you so tall?" Poland whines.
Lithuania smiles. "Sorry."

"Do you want to do something today?" Poland asks spontaneously.

Lithuania was caught off guard by this. "Um, sure."

"Cool! Let's go to the festival," Poland says and they leave together.

The streets of Madrid were very lively and vibrant. The two of them walk through and look at the different vendors and small shows that are being put on. A small girl approaches Poland and he kneels down to her level and smiles.

"Hola chica," he greets, Poland doesn't know very much Spanish but he knew enough to make short conversation.

She giggles and takes his hand and drags Poland off to a booth filled with flowers. Lithuania smiles and watches them leave, following close behind. He waits for Poland, who soon returns with two objects in his hands.

"Lean down," he says and places a circlet full of flowers on Lithuania's head.

He places the other flower crown on his own head and smiles happily. Lithuania smiles back and Poland grabs his hand once again and guides them through the streets. They eat good food and buy a few things and end up at a small park. They sit under a tree and chat while eating churros.

"That was fun," Lithuania comments.

"Of course it was, you were with the fabulous me," Poland says matter of factly.

"You sound like Prussia," Lithuania laughs.

Poland glares at him. "Don't compare to that German who has no sense of style."

Lithuania just giggles again and leans his back against the tree. The sky was beginning to dim and the air was cooling. Poland leans his head on the Lithuanian's shoulder. They sit there for a time and Lithuania finds himself more content than he has felt in awhile.

"I missed this," Poland says.

"What?" Lithuania asks.

"This, us hanging out together it's been like, forever."

Lithuania thinks about it for a second. "Yeah, I guess it has."

Poland turns and looks up at him. Lithuania looks back expectantly.

"We're like, friends right?"

"Um yeah," Lithuania is confused as to what he means by the question.

"What if we were to like, you know, be more than friends?"

Lithuania looks at him in shock. "Uh..."

Poland sighs and sits up. "It's fine if you don't want to, I just think we should give it a try. I've liked you for awhile but if you don't have feeling for me then it's fine."

Lithuania continues to stare as he processes the information he has just been given. He couldn't claim to have a good handle on his own feelings but romantic feelings is something entirely foreign to him. But he also couldn't claim that something wasn't there.

Poland sighs once more and stands up. He is stopped by a hand grabbing his. Lithuania stands up but his eyes remain at his feet.

"I think I might, but I'm not sure," he says awkwardly.

Poland smiles and lifts his chin. "That's good enough," and he connects their lips.