[65]PruAus: Will To Remember

A/N: Warning this is sad, I wouldn't consider it triggering but it is very sad. Sorry I was in a mood when I wrote this.

•••

Austria sits down at the piano for the first time in awhile. For some time the act of sitting down at the piano allowed him to escape from reality. But now all it does is bring back memories...

Memories of a certain white haired man staring at him from the doorway thinking that the Austrian didn't know he was there. He kept playing and would not tell the other until later that he knew of Prussia's observing his practice session. He would never admit it but it actually made him play better, almost as if he wanted to impress him.

Later the Prussian would pass through that doorway and finally be allowed into Austria's life. The latter had never let someone be that close to him. He was scared so he kept the other at a distant.

But they learned about each other nonetheless. Prussia learned that Austria's front was merely a cover for insecurity. Austria learned that when Prussia cried at his and Hungary's wedding supposedly in happiness, the pain that he saw in the Prussian's eyes was not just in Austria's head.

They made new and beautiful memories, together they overcame their differences. Yes, they fought but they were happy more than not. It wasn't long before Prussia was able to walk up and put his hands on the Austrian's shoulders as he played.

But there was something that Prussia never told Austria. Not until much, much later. He never meant to keep it a secret but Prussia's time was running out. He told Austria they should end it, he loved the other too much to hurt him. But Austria wouldn't have it, he didn't care that their time was limited. He had always been stubborn that way.

So they continued, little was said about Prussia's short time left as a country. Although it still was in the back of his mind but Austria kept a good attitude for his lover's sake.

But spending every possible moment with him did not stop nor delay the inevitable.

Now it is hard for Austria to face anything that brings memories of him. Even though he can manage to play the piano again he sometimes feels like he is being watched but when he turns around no one is there. And sometimes he feels hands on his shoulders and that is when that happened he never looked because he never wanted it to end, he never did.

He doesn't ever want to forget.