L.A.

-4 a.m.-

     “Wake up skank!” A few moments passed and Andre yelled it again. My eyes slowly opened to the ugliest creature I could ever see. He left my bedroom and I looked at the clock. “Four in the Morning!?” “Yep,” mom yelled. I got up and looked in the mirror to the sight of a bad hair day. I panicked. I put my clothes on and brushed my teeth. Then I grabbed my straightener and tried my best to fix my hair.

-10 Minutes Later-

     “Hurry!” I quickly straightened the last strand of hair and burned myself. “F***!” “Nadia, I heard that,” my mom shouted. “I said fudge mom,” I replied. All I got back was one of those mhmmms. After I was done, I grabbed the straightener and my bag, checked to see if I forgot anything, and left the house for the last time.

*In the Car*

     I was looking at the house, remembering everything that went on in there. For a moment I was sad until I realized that most of the memories there were terrible. I turned to my right side to notice Andre staring at me. “What?” He didn’t say anything, just winked and looked away. “Ugh, gross.” What a sick person. It’d be great if mom agreed with me to leave him behind…

     Mom looked at us in the mirror, “Everything alright back there?” I sighed, “Yeah.” I looked outside the window once again to see the sun rise and took a nap.

*L.A.*

     I woke to my mom shaking me. “Nadia, we’re here.” “Where,” I said lazily blinking. As I opened my eyes, I felt that nasty, groggy taste in my mouth. My mom handed me my bag, “Your new school.” It took me a moment or two to respond. “Oh right…” I hopped out of the car and walked towards the entrance. “Have a great day,” my mom said driving away. I gave her thumbs up, even though I had a feeling that this wasn’t going to be the best day.

     When I walked into that school hallway, I felt everyone’s eyes watching me as I studied my schedule. As I tried to find my locker, I could hear people whispering to each other. It was really awkward, so I just stared at the ground until I soon found my locker. I put a combination in, but it didn’t open. I did it again, but the same thing happened. Someone tapped my shoulder, “You need help?” I turned around to a girl. “Yes please,” I laughed, thinking how pathetic it is that I can’t open my locker.