Suspicion

~

     “So what’s it like?”

     “What do you mean?”

     Imani poked my stomach which caused me to laugh. Ray was in town picking up a few things so Imani stopped by to visit. It’s been so long since I’ve seen her.

“Well I get nauseated in the morning, but that’s pretty much it. My back doesn’t hurt yet like people say it’s going to… Can’t wait for that.”

-

     I rolled my eyes at the thought. I’m going to be carrying fifty pounds on my stomach and my spine is going to be, in hell. It’s been barely four months now and I already can’t wait to get him/her out. I miss being able to _strut my stuff_ (or what I had), but now I do this waddle thing and it’s only going to get worse. I miss feeling comfortable in my bed. Ah the bed… I missed having sex. Is that bad?

-

“Nadia,” she said snapping her fingers.

“What?”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

     My eyebrows raised and I looked at her.

“Do you know the gender?”

     I shook my head. I didn’t know, but I kind of want to go with Ray’s idea. It bothered me not knowing what I was having. He wants to have a girl, but a boy before her. It sounded like a good plan, but you can’t just decide the gender of your baby.

-

“Oh and I have something really important to tell you!”

     Her voice got higher at the end of the sentence. I didn’t know what she was going to say. Oh is it a-"

“THERE’S A GUY!”

“THERE’S A GUY!?”

“There’s a guy.”

“Tell me everything,” I said in a gay voice.

“Wait, what about-.”

     Imani cut me off by taking a deep breath and putting a finger of my lips. I decided to shut up and she begins.

-

     “Okay, well at your wedding I went to go use the bathroom. When I got there, I heard a moaning sound. Sick. I knocked on the door and she said just a minute in like a nervous tone. Then I heard a noise come from the back of the bathroom and when I went around the corner, I saw Mason. He said he was just chilling there, but come on, who just chills at the bathroom?

-

     I told him to wait and when I went back to the restroom door, the girl exited. When I entered, there was the most disgusting thing ever, lying on the counter.”

“Ewwwwww not the?”

-

     “Yes. So when I came out and checked on Mason, he wasn’t there. He was really acting like himself at the time. I went to search for him and just when I went to give up, I heard moaning coming from the woods. I was gonna ignore it, but I was in the mood for being nosy. When I looked, I saw Aliyah and Mason all over each other.”

-

     My mouth dropped. Who even invited Aliyah to the wedding?!Ugh, man was I pissed off right now. How could he do this to her and at my wedding?

“I’m so sorry, why didn’t you tell me? Has he contacted you?”

“You looked so happy; I didn’t want to bring drama up at a wedding. But he’s called and texted, I just decide to ignore him.”