After Party

~

     I rested my head on his shoulder as we slow danced. His hands around my waist, mine around his neck. I smiled, feeling his heart beat as his body swayed close to mine. Then the lights turned right towards us, “THERE’S THAT COUPLE,” the DJ yelled. We opened our eyes and stopped slow dancing, but our hands didn’t break. “Time to cut the cake,” I heard Imani shout from the crowd.

-

     Ray gave me a look, asking if I wanted to go. As much as I wanted to keep slow dancing, I nodded and we ran over to the cake. He grabbed the knife real fast and I jumped back. “Calm down Nadia, I would never hurt you.” I smiled as I got closer to him. My heart raced as he looked at me. “Ready?” I nodded with a smirk on my face. I place my hand on his while we cut the cake slowly.

-

     Everyone cheered as we passed out the cake. “Hey congrats bro.” We turned around to see Tyler standing there, holding hands with another girl. “Wassup Man,” Ray said giving him a hug. “Nadia, you look beautiful,” Tyler said smiling at me. I smiled back, “Thanks.” He looked back at the girl, “Oh, this is Sasha.” Ray and I gave her a warm smile, “Hey.”

-

     She seemed a little shy though, “Hi.” I looked at Ray. “Why don’t you hang out with Tyler and I’ll get to know Sasha,” I whispered in his ear. He nodded, “Love you.” I smirked, “Love you too.” Ray looked at me with his bright smile and walked off with Tyler. I looked at Sasha, “Guess it’s just me and you.” She smiled, “Yeah.”

~

     “So how long have you and Tyler been together?” Sasha was actually really cool. “About six months.” I smiled, “Did you guys celebrate?” She looked up at me, “Yeah, he took me to a restaurant and everything. It was amazing. What was yours like?” My face turned into a frown. It wasn’t the sixth month anniversary that I wanted. “Oh,” I sighed, “It didn’t go the way I wanted it to…”

-

     “I wanted to make a toast,” I turn around to see Ray smiling, “To my beautiful wife; for always being there for me and loving me at every moment.” I smiled, “To Nadia.” Everyone turned their heads toward me. “To Nadia,” they all repeated. Ray ran over to me and picked me up, spinning me. When he put me down he whispered to me, “I love you,” he held me tighter, “So much.”

-

     I couldn’t help, but blush. “I love you too.” We stood there for a while until someone approached us, “May I speak to Nadia?” Ray slowly released me and I looked up. “Mom, what are you doing here?” Ray tapped on my shoulder, “I’ll be over there,” he pointed to the corner where Tyler and Sasha were. I nodded; he pecked my lips, and walked away.

-

     Returning my attention to my mom I quietly mumble, “Why are you here?” She frowned, “I can’t miss my daughter’s wedding day,” she said lifting up my chin. I pushed her hand away. “What’s wrong?” I shrugged, “Well we didn’t really leave on a good topic.” My mom looked down, “I know, I’m sorry Hun.” I nodded as she pulled me into a hug, “I missed you.” For a while, I stood stiff, but I soon returned her hug. “I missed you too,” I mumbled.

-

 *Imani’s P.O.V.*

-

      The wedding went great. Everyone seemed to be happy and my two little love birds seemed to be smiling the whole time. As more people left, I went to go look for Mason. I barely saw my baby all day. I walk inside and headed towards the bathroom. When I got closer to the door, I heard moaning. Sick… So I gently knocked on the door, “May I use the restroom?” “Uh yeah, just a minute!!!” I rolled my eyes; there was definitely more than one person in there.    

-

     Just then I heard someone outside if the bathroom window. “Hey, there you are babe!” Mason turned his head towards me. “S***, you scared me,” he said as he jumped. “Where’ve you been?” Mason hesitated, “Uh- You k-know… here and there.” He was acting very strange. I nodded, “Oh okay, well Imma use the restroom. I’ll be back.”

-

     When I walked over to the entrance, a girl walked out with her head down, wiping her lips. Nasty people around here. She didn’t look up; she just grabbed her purse and walked away. I entered the bathroom to see a used condom on the counter. Oh my god. So f***in unpleasant! With disturbing chills all over my body, I do what humans do and walk out of the bathroom. I walked behind the restroom and Mason wasn’t there. Where the heck was this man?

-

     After minutes of searching, I hear moaning coming from behind some trees in the woods. I take a glimpse at the couple. They were in a total make out session. I start to walk away, but stop myself and return to the couple to take a closer look. “Mason,” I shout. Both of them give me their full attention. His eyes widen and guess what b**** he was kissing!? That girl that came out of the bathroom, who seemed to be that dumb hoe, Aliyah.

-

      I felt so dumb and took off running. It was so hard to see though, my tears where blurring my vision. Then I stopped and someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to see Mason and I instantly yanked my arm away. “WHAT THE F*** DO YOU WANT!?” He sighed, “Imani-.” “WHY WERE YOU KISSING THAT WHORE?! AND HAVIN YOUR HANDS IN HER PANTS!?” He looked at the ground and back up at me, “Imani, just let me explain.”

-

      My voice got louder, “THERE’S NOTHING TO EXPLAIN! WE’RE F***ING OVER A** WHOLE!?” I huffed and walked away, getting ready to put my poker face on. Except when I walked into the room, no one was there besides Ray and Nadia, slow dancing. I walked away, not wanting to ruin their night and hopped into my car, driving to who knows where.

-

*Ray’s P.O.V.*

-

      Nadia and I laughed even louder. This was one of the best nights ever. “Hey Nadia?” She looked up at me. “Did I ever tell you how much I love you?” She smiled big, “Yes, a million times.”  I shrugged, “Just wanted to make sure you knew,” I said with a big smile. I stared into her beautiful eyes and tucked her hair behind her ear. She hugged me right away, tightly. “I love you Ray.” I smiled again, “I love you too.” When she released, I grabbed her face and kissed her gently. “Come on,” I grabbed her hand, “Let’s get out of here.”