Just Don't

~

*Nadia's P.O.V.*

     I slowly opened my eyes to notice that I was no longer on the ground. I was laying on a stretcher in the Ambulance truck. Everything was so blurry. My eyes tried to adjust, but it was so hard. There were tubes in my arms and everything, but I couldn't exactly understand what was going on. I was still wet, and my hair just dangled from the stretcher, dripping water onto the floor.

-

   Then I felt someone lift up my shirt and I jumped feeling cold gel cover my stomach. I looked up at the doctor, but he didn't notice that I was awake. He moved around the gel for a while and looked at a screen. He sighed with a disappointed face and cleaned my stomach. I was confused. As much as I wanted to ask him what was wrong, I couldn't. The words just couldn't come out.

-

     As soon as the doctor left to go to the front, I heard someone bust through the back doors before the truck took off. They gasped for air. "WHAT HAPPENED!?" Then I realized that the someone was Ray. He walked beside me. I could see him staring at me from the corner of my eye. Then I felt his warm hand touch my stomach and lift my shirt, revealing bruises and scratches. He stood there for a while and I felt a tear drop onto my belly.

-

     Ray sat beside me and looked at my face that was covered in tears. He whispered, "Nadia," and grabbed my hand. His hands were so warm. I saw him frown as he looked at me, but i couldn't take it. I looked away and yanked my hand away from his.

-

     "Nadia please," he said quietly, wiping the tears off of my face. His warm hand stroked my cheek. I wanted to look, but I couldn't. As much as I didn't want to, I gently pushed his hand off of my face. "Just don't," I whispered.