Flashback

~

*Ray’s P.O.V.*

-

     I got out of my car and started walking into the alley. It was wet, cold, and gloomy just like last time. I turned around to lock my car when I saw Nadia walking in the rain. What was she doing out here in the rain!? She could get sick! I ran over to her and tapped on her shoulder, but she kept on walking. “Nadia!” She still didn’t look back. What did I do?

-

     Then I saw Andre come out of nowhere and wrap his arms around Nadia, my wife. “Why babe,” I heard him say. He reached her stomach and jumped back, causing her to turn around. She was pregnant. “What’s going on?” They didn’t look over, no response. Nadia looked pissed, “What Andre!?” He gave her a disgusted look, “What the f*** happened to you!?”

-

     She rolled her eyes, “Love.” I smiled and I felt a rush go through my body. Nadia mumbled something, but I couldn’t hear. “What use to be love anyway.” Turns out my smile didn’t last long. I didn’t understand what was going on, at all. Andre raised his voice, “What did you say b****!?” She jumped a little, but still didn’t look up. “Nothing,” Nadia said quietly.

-

     Andre came closer and squeezed her face, “What did you say?!” I was about to punch him when she pushed his hand off of her face, “Nothing!” He slapped her and shoved her into the brick wall. “I don’t have time for your s***,” he said walking away. Nadia fell to the ground screaming. I rushed over to her and yelled her name, but she still didn’t answer. Her jeans were covered in blood and her stomach was all scraped up. I tried to pick her up, except that didn’t work out either.

-

     Instead, I sat there in the freezing rain with her; that being the only thing I could do. She held her stomach as I saw her cry, shaking and screaming. Then I stood up, realizing that I could’ve prevented this, but I didn’t…