Gone

~

*Ray's P.O.V.*

     Nadia eventually fell asleep in the truck. Then we got to the hospital and they put her in a room for a while. I sat in the guest chairs and stared at her. I couldn't tell what she was feeling or what she was thinking. I remember feeling my heart drop when I saw her laying in the stretcher.

-

     This is the third time something happened to her. The saddest part though, was that she was carrying our baby. I got lost in my thoughts and didn't realize that Imani and Mason were standing in the doorway.

-

     "Ray!" I finally looked over at them. "We've been calling your name," Mason said. I looked at him, "Sorry," and my eyes glanced back at Nadia. They sat beside me and then the doctor knocked on the door.

-

     I didn't take my eyes off of her,"Come in." The doctor stepped in and I could hear him sigh. "Ray," he paused for a minute. "We couldn't find your baby's heart beat. He's... Dead." This time I looked at him, but with shock. Our baby, was dead. 'We couldn't find your baby's heart beat. He's... Dead' played over and over in my mind. My heart ripped into two and burned into ashes. My baby, our baby, was gone.

-

     "How did this happen," Imani asked me. I thought about it and clenched my fist. I knew exactly how this happened. That little bastard. I stood up and ran out the door, "Ray! Where are you going!?" I didn't turn around. I'm going to find this f***er and kill him.