Dreaming Disaster

~

     I walked into the house and sat on the couch. Man was I carrying a load. I looked down at my stomach and laughed while rubbing it. “Hey!” He kicked my stomach. I smiled, “I can’t wait to see you.” “I can’t wait to see him either.” I smile again and looked up to see a blurry figure. “Ray?” Then he stepped out, but it wasn’t Ray, it was Andre.

-

     I jumped up immediately, “What are you doing here!?” He looked confused, though I knew there was a devious smile behind it. “What do you mean? I just came to see my son and wife.” “I AM NOT YOUR WIFE! AND THIS IS NOT YOUR SON!” He sneered, “Then what’s this?” Andre held out a stack of papers. I quickly snatched it out of his hands.

-

     My heart raced and I started to sweat. He was the father of my child and I was his wife, but how could all of this happen!? I breathed heavily and everything was beginning to become dizzy. Andre became closer and lifted my chin, “What’s wrong love?” I pushed his hand off of my face. When I looked at my stomach, I cried. The fact that I was having his child made me want to die, but I already mentally was.

-

      “W-where’s Ray?” He slapped me and I held my face; it hurt like hell. I looked up to see the fire in his eyes. “Why the f*** do you care!?” I smiled, “Because I love him.” Andre put me in the car and drove, not speaking at all. I looked out the window wondering where we were going, but it was better if I didn’t ask.

-

     Soon we pulled into an alley and he pulled me out of the car by my hair. I started to scream and kick, but that didn’t help. Finally he let go and sat me on the cold, concrete ground. “You want to see him?!” I nodded in fright, afraid that I didn’t know what his next move was. Andre pulled Ray out by one of his braids. Ray kicked him in the balls, since that was the only thing he could do. I saw him cut up, while being covered in rope.

-

    Andre flinched, but soon stood up. “Look ponytails-.” I instantly got angry, “STOP!” Then his attention was on me. He had a surprised face and so did Ray. I saw Ray give me a look, but I ignored him. “What was that?!” Andre loosened his grip on Ray and walked towards me, sending goose bumps all over my body. “I – I said.” He laughed, “You’re pathetic,” and shot Ray.

-

     “RAY,” I yelled, trying to get to him. He laid there, unconscious. “RAY!?” He didn’t answer and I started to cry until I felt sharp pain enter my stomach. I look down to see my stomach bleeding and I screamed in pain.

-

     “Nadia! It’s OK!” I felt Ray shaking me in his arms. Everything was blurry when I opened my eyes. I felt confused for a moment, but his big brown eyes showed concern. “What’s wrong?” I blinked a couple times, “Huh?” “You were screaming,” Ray said swaying me back and forth. “It was all a dream.” Now he looked confused. “Just take deep breaths,” he said wiping my eyes.

-

     I nodded and did so, but it didn’t help. Then I looked down at my stomach, “I wish you were here.” I tried to hold it back, but a few tears escaped from my eyes. It didn’t take a while till I busted into even more tears. Ray rocked me back and forth cradling me tighter, “Shhhhhh, it’s okay.” Then he laid me down onto the bed and I fell asleep.