Why Are You Being So Stubborn!?

~

      Daniel’s been acting weird lately. Like he’s nice when we hang out and all, but every time I talk about the baby or Ray, he doesn’t act like himself. I was five months now and my bump was bigger. In about four months, this sucker is coming out. Thank goodness because I don’t enjoy fifty pounds on my stomach. Daniel and I’ve been hanging out lately, but I’d enjoy it more if he wasn’t acting strange.

-

     I went to go look out the window and I realized it was snowing… great. The month was December and Christmas was coming in a week. Ugh, I don’t feel like walking in the snow. It’s so… cold. My cheeks get all red, the snow makes my hair wet and flat, and once again, it’s just… cold. I walked back over to the couch and plopped myself beside Daniel.

Hey Ray, can you pick me up at 8?

~ Nadia

He replied as soon as possible… weird.

Sure thing sexy mama.

~ Ray

Babe, I have a big bump on my stomach, that’s not sexy.

~Nadia

     I locked my phone and set it down. It vibrated and showed the text message on the front.

Pshhhhhhh, impossible. You’re always sexy.

~ Ray

     I giggled and picked up my phone. When I looked at Daniel, he huffed and rolled his eyes. “What’s your problem.” He groaned, “Nothing…” There was an awkward silence and he looked over at me.

“So how’s our baby- y-y-your baby doing?”

     I couldn’t tell what he said. All I heard was baby doing…

     “Oh, so far so good. (Lie, my back felt awful…) And Ray helps a lot; super supportive.” Then there it goes again, he sighs and looks away, but I could tell he rolled his eyes. I stood up, “Okay tell me, what’s really your problem?!” Daniel’s voice rose as he stood up, “YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS!”

“NO, I DON’T!”

“Seriously? You don’t know…”

I shook my head and popped out my hip, why was he being so rude?

-

      “IT’S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! NOT HIM! NOW YOU’RE PREGNANT WITH HIS BABY! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” Daniel walked closer to me; our faces an inch away. He placed his hand on my chin, “I can show you real love.” He leaned in to kiss me, but I dodged it.

-

     He needs to stop; I love Ray, only Ray. Why can’t he see that? I mean it’s true that there is many fish in the sea. “Nadia,” he paused. “I love you… way more than him.” I backed away, “No you don’t.”

-

“WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUBBORN ABOUT US?”

“WELL ONE,” I point to my stomach and ring. “HELLO!? AND FOR TWO, THERE’S NO US DANIEL.”

A smile crept on his face and he ran toward me.  Not knowing what he was going to do, I run out the front door in the snow. I didn’t care if it was cold anymore. The wind blew in my face as I wobbled vastly down the icy pavement. What if he was going to-.

“YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!”

-

     Daniel grabbed my arm and jerked me back, making me let out a scream. He threw me over his shoulder and ran back inside. I let out another scream and he put something over my mouth, then everything went black...