Death...

It’s been two months since that one day. I remember her last three words… I haven’t left once and yet there’s no sign that Nadia was waking up. If I didn’t let her go by herself, we wouldn’t be in this position. Therefore, it’s my entire fault. I looked up at her face. Her perfect cheek bones, beautiful red lips, and her long black eyelashes that stayed still on her eyelids. I loved seeing her bat her eyes and hearing her stutter when she was nervous… the gorgeous laugh that would come out of her mouth.

-

     Not only was she my love, she was my best friend. I missed her; I missed the way she would hide in my arms during a scary part in a movie, how she would get frustrated when she couldn’t make the pancakes by herself, how we would have those moments just gazing into each other’s eyes. Yeah, I miss that.

-

     I started to think more about our memories and I placed my hand on her face when Nadia started to shake in the hospital bed, her heart rate speeding up. I stood up immediately when the doctor came rushing into the room, charging her with electricity. “What the F*** is going on!?” He charged Nadia with more electricity.

-

     Her heart rate,” he shouted.  I realized that I didn’t take my hand of her face yet, but when I did, it slowed down. The doctor sighed in relief. I couldn’t take it anymore, “You can’t just let her go through this!!! I was about to ask her to marry me before all this s*** happened and you’re just going to let her die on me!? I was planning to spend my whole life with her and all you do is just try to wait this out? I’m not a doctor, but that’s not saving a life, that’s just dragging out her death! Please,” I sat down in the chair.

-

     He didn’t say anything, he just… left. Which is exactly what he’s going to do when she dies…

~

*Imani’s P.O.V.*

     I walked into the hospital with some flowers, hoping that Mason would be there and that Nadia was awake. When I entered the room, I was disappointed to not see Mason. “Where’s Ray,” the doctor asked as he entered the room. I shrugged, where was Ray? Then I remembered his text this morning, “Wait! He said something about a cliff?” The doctor looked worried immediately, “Oh my god,” and ran out of the room.

-

     Then I noticed Nadia sitting up and eating some yogurt. I couldn’t believe it! I ran to her and gave her the tightest hug. She looked confused though, “Imani, right?” I started to laugh, wow Nadia. “You’re kidding,” I said still laughing. Then the nurse spoke, “No. She may have woke up, but she has some amnesia.” I felt stupid and just looked at the ground. “Oh…”