Mom?

~6 Months~

     I was sitting on the couch watching TV until Aliyah texted me a picture of her and Tyler.

Me: When did that happen?!

Aliyah: You Missed Out. :D

Me: Sorry, getting ready for the baby.

Aliyah: I’m so happy for you.

Me: Well, he’s a blessing.

Aliyah: A boy?

Me: Yep

Aliyah: Awwwww, Imma go. *Getting Jealous*

Me: See ya. :D

     Then Ray walked in, “How are my two babies,” flashing me a big white smile. I sighed, “In pain.” He put his hand on my stomach and felt a kick, making him jump back. I laughed. “I can tell,” he said with a surprised look on his face. I flinched, “Ow… Ray, I think we’re raising a ninja,” rolling my eyes. He chuckled. “Thought of any names yet?” He shook his head, “Nope.” I stood up, “Well think about it.” I kissed his forehead and grabbed my purse.

-

    Ray stood up too and started talking to my stomach, “Now chillax little guy. Use that power on assholes, not your mom.” I laughed, “Well, Imma go pick up some things from the store.” “Okay Woman,” he said with a smirk. Once again, he kissed me passionately, “I love you.” I smiled, “I l-.” He put his finger over my lip and whispered, “Still impossible.” I laughed and then walked out the door.

~

     ‘We need more pancake batter, dang I’m hungry!’ I thought to myself. I stared down at my list and ran into someone. “I’m so sor-.” I stopped talking because when I looked up, I was face to face with my mom. “M-Mom?” Her eyes nearly popped out of her head. She gasped and squeezed me tightly. Then she gained the courage to speak, “Nadia,” she paused, “How are you alive?!” I felt so confused. “What?” She looked at me as if I were crazy, “Andre said you were dead!” I rolled my eyes. Of course he would.

-

     “Well no, I’m fine.” Mom looked at my stomach and then at me, “Fine?” I rubbed my stomach and smiled, “Yeah I’m fine.” She looked shocked, “Who-.” I stopped her, “His name is Ray.” Then tears stroll down my face, “If it wasn’t for him, I would be dead…” Mom was silent, not one word. I gave her a hug, “I’ve missed you, so much.” Her face turned into a frown, “Why didn’t you come home?” I looked at the ground. It’s never that easy to explain things like this. “Andre, he would’ve, hurt me. And raped me… again,”

-

     She looked shocked, “He wouldn-.” I cut her off, “Oh yeah!? If he was so innocent, why did he tell you I was dead?!” Mom’s lips trembled, “Nadia, I’m so-,” I cut her off again. “You know what mom? Save it because you wouldn't have believed me earlier.” I was so pissed. So I grabbed my groceries, paid for them and left.