3. Becoming friends

Chapter three

It's been two weeks at the boardinghouse now and I haven't seen much to Stefan or Damon. Stefan spends all his time with his girlfriend Elena - they are in senior year together at the high school. I haven't seen his girlfriend yet but I am looking forward to meeting her.

Damon kind of comes and goes, some nights he sleeps here others I think he stays at a woman's or maybe it is multiple women..? I don't really know why but the thought of it kind of make me jealous.. It's so weird - I mean, yeah he is smoking hot but still I hardly even know the guy. I think I really needs to get out of this house - maybe I should go get a job. For a long time I have been living of the heritage from my parents, but I don't want to spend it all.

I decided to do something about this job thing, so I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to the front-door.
Just as I reached the handle, Damon walked in and surprised me.

"Where are you of to?" Damon asked intrigued.

"I am going to town to look for some possible jobs that have openings." I answered him.

"How are you getting there?" He gave me another one of his seductive smirks.

"Uhm, I was just gonna take the bus.."

"I have a better idea - I will drive you, let's go" he said while turning around and heading to his car.

I just kind of stood there - driving around town with Damon... That will be interesting, I guess.

"Are you coming or not?" Damon yelled at me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes.. Coming!" I said walking to his car.

We had been driving around for 40 minutes, I had been in and out of different coffee shops, a bookstore and a pet-store. By know damon and I had been covering the basic info on each other, like where we were born, parents and how we both lost them, I told about my travels and it seemed he as well had been around.

"So Damon what is the deal with you and Stefan? Why is he so mad at you?" I slowly asked him, not sure how he would react.

"Oh that goes back years. It's actually about a girl we used to know" he answered like he was bored, but I could see in his eyes that the topic made him sad, but I still didn't let it go.

"It can't go back that many years, I mean you and Stefan aren't that old.." I said taking a small break, "which one of you dated the girl first?" I asked him.

"Ha that you should ask Stefan, I am sure his answer will be different than mine" he said closing the topic.

Then Damon stopped at the grill - I had spent a few hours there doing senior year, I used to order coffee and do my homework, I liked watching people and being surrounded without actually being with anybody.
To my surprise Damon didn't just wait in the car this time he got out as well.

"Let's get a drink and take a break from the job hunt" he said smiling, when he smiled like that he was all most irresistible.

We were walking throw the grill, to find a table and I could have sworn that every woman in there was drooling over Damon - it made me irritated..

We sat down and a blond haired good looking guy came over to take our order.

"Hello Damon, what can I get for you?and by the way Alaric is sitting at the bar, I think he wanted to ask you something"

Damon told the guy he wanted a burger and then he got up and told me would be right back.

When Damon got to the bar, the blond haired guy finally looked at me.

"Hi my name is Matt, what can I get you to eat?" He was very polite and gave me a friendly smile.

I thought about how I wanted to make Mystic Falls my home again, and this time maybe even making a few friends, so I decided to introduce myself properly.

"Hi Matt, it's nice meet you. My name is Ali, I just moved back in town and I am dying for Mystic Grills cheeseburger and fries please" I gave have him a big smile.

Matt talked a bit to me about how he knew Damon but he preferred his brother, then he had to go attend to other customers, but not before he promised to get me an interview for a job at the Grill.

When Damon arrived, he had brought back a few drinks for us. I thanked him and we started eating the food Matt came with, it was delicious and I couldn't help but think I would have to restrain myself from the food if I worked here.

"So Ali, do you currently have a boyfriend or something like that?" Damon asked with a big smirk

"No Damon, I don't have a boyfriend, do you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend for that matter?" I was fearing that the Alaric guy might have been his boyfriend - I just couldn't help to wish that he was straight and that he was single.

"No girlfriend at the moment" Damon answered, ignoring the boyfriend part. I guess that means he likes women.

''I saw you talking to Matt, is he your type of guy? Blond jocks?" Damon asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He is hot, no doubt about that, but not really my kind of guy, I was just being friendly because I don't actually have any friends in this town"

"I am your friend Ali" Damon said handing me a shot that he had brought with him on tray with drinks.

''Yes, I guess you are then" I smiled at him and accepted the shot of what smelled like tequila.
I raised my glass

''To being friends" I said

"Cheers" Damon agreed.

-------

That's chapter three, I really hope you liked it:) it was bit longer - that might change from chapter to chapter:) have a nice day and please vote and comment:) ohh and aren't I sweet to update only a few hours after the last update:)