17. It has to end

Chapter seventeen

Damon's POV:

I rolled over in bed and looked at my phone, it was 07.00 pm I had slept for five hours, I didn't feel nearly as drunk as earlier today, I bet a shower will take care of the rest. I got out of bed thinking happily about my plans for tonight, I was going to meet up with Alison when she gets of work at 08.30 pm.

After a refreshing shower, I got dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a black shirt, on my way out of my room I brought my black leather jacket with me. I went downstairs to the basement, went to the fridge down here and pulled out a blood bag from my stash. Being around Alison is always a temptation, not that I would ever feed on her, but it helps with the cravings if I get some blood in me before seeing her.

I brought the blood bag with me to the kitchen where I poured the blood in a glass, I went to sit by the fire while drinking this nights real dinner.

It was now 08.00 pm and I was going to see Ali soon, which made me smile, argh I had to get a grip, Damon Salvatore can't be whipped I told myself harsh. While killing the time, I heard the front door open, I didn't turn around, I didn't have to I always knew when Elena was close, the smell of her blood and the sound of her heart, in a crowd of thousands I would still be able to point her out from the others.

"Hello Elena, what a unpleasant surprise" I said cold, we hadn't been on the best terms lately, I fell for her a while ago but she choose Stefan, then she started getting feelings for me, she even kissed me, while we were on this trip to Denver, but again she choose Stefan. I was sick of her games and I had been avoiding her ever since, trying to stay as much away from her as possible. Since Alison moved in, my feelings for Elena faded a little day by day. Thankfully because Elena was always going to choose Stefan.

"Damon I want to talk to you, I know you are mad at me, but I care about you I really do, and I don't want it to be like this.. Please Damon" she pleaded to me, I felt my heart break for her, even after what she put me through I still don't want her to be upset, I guess I'm not as over her as I would like..

"I.. I have somewhere I need to be, sorry Elena" I said and walked quickly out of the house, I still had about half an hour before I was going to meet Alison, but I had to get away from Elena, I knew how it was going to end, I would forgive her, just like that, then I would confess my love to her and yet again she would choose Stefan and break my freaking heart..

So here I was parked outside the grill, being 20 minutes early, just waiting for the time to pas, I decided I couldn't sit here and wait, so I went inside and made my way to the bar for a drink. Alison was looking fine in her tight shorts and tight grill employe t-shirt, she was wearing her brown hair in a thick ponytail, she looked amazing, but that's no surprise, she always looks amazing.

I was sitting at the bar and I had smiled a few times at her, but I was forced to stop because I could tell she couldn't concentrate when I was looking at her, which made me smirk big time, I loved that I could have that effect on her. I watched her go to the room in the back and hoped she was ending her shift so we could get on with our night.

A woman came over and sat next to me, she was very attractive, most likely in her mid twenties, I knew I had seen her dark hair and brown eyes before somewhere...

"Hi Damon, do you remember me? We meet at the Lockwood's last year for one of their charity things" she asked me seductively, clearly she wanted me to remember her.

"Well usually I never forget a pretty face like yours, but could you refresh my memory darling?" I asked with a sexy smirk, I heard her heartbeat increase, and smiled, a common effect I have on women.