|Five Green Letters.|

It was really hard leaving Amanda and getting on my flight at the airport...but it's just a couple days and I need to get shit sorted out.

"Honestly, I was thinking alot about it, and Grace should live with me...she'd have a normal lifestyle. She'd have me..her dad, Amanda..her step mom, and Czargon her half brother. Liliann can only offer Grace herself, she's not married...I highly doubt any fool will ever marry her again...and she will never have children again. I talked about it with Amanda and I'm glad she supports my idea. But I know Liliann's gonna go ape shit."

"I fucking told you from day one dude, what did I tell you?!"

I rolled my eyes at Jude as he drove us back to his place, I decided I'd stay with him cus there's no way in hell I'm staying with Liliann...I'd probably murder her. I started off with telling him that Amanda and I are expecting, he hugged me so hard he literally picked me up off the ground. Telling him about Liliann and Grace was a whole other thing.

"I know.." I mumbled.

"No seriously what did I say! I told you she's a no-good-cunt! I knew she was hiding something, god she's such a filthy bi-"

"I KNOW! I GET IT! That's enough!" he looked at me and sighed... "I just hate her dude...There's no way you could have known...are you sure it's your kid?"... "No...I mean Liliann explained it and it seems accurate but I don't know 100%...I haven't even met her yet." "Are you scared? Do you want me to go with you? Cus I'll totally get my shift covered if you need me to.." "No it's alright...I need to meet Grace and talk with her like on a one to one basis." he nodded and kept driving.

When we got to his house we had a couple beers in his kitchen, but eventually I called it a night and went up to sleep. I was more nervous than I thought I'd be. I started second guessing my idea...what if she doesn't like me? I mean..I don't know why she wouldn't I think I'm a pretty nice guy but..again I'm overthinking everything!

I hardly got any sleep. Saturday morning I woke up and turned to my side to hug Amanda like usual, but then I remembered she wasn't

here and that I was just alone in Jude's guest bedroom. I took a shower and got dressed, I really didn't know what would be appropriate to where for meeting my long lost daughter for the first time? So I chose a t-shirt with a cardigan and some nice jeans and shoes. Liliann offered to give me a lift to Grace's grandparents house with her, but I told her I'd rather walk to where I need to be barefoot than sit in a car with her.

And I ment it.

Luckily, I didn't have to do that since Jude would leave me his car and get a ride to work from Tara. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some toast and made myself a cup of coffee...my nerves were really starting to get to me. Jude came down and fixed himself a bowl of cereal, I guess he could see my anxiety and patted my back, "Hey, things will be fine, you're just meeting her, two strangers meeting eachother...that's all.".. "What if she hates me?" "Why would she hate you? You didn't know Rob." "I don't know..she's 13 maybe she doesn't understand that." ..he shook his head, "But she's the one who reached out to you guys..If I was adopted and 'hated' my real parents...I wouldn't try to meet them." .. "Right.."

"You ready to go?" "I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be." .."Alright, everything will go great, I'll see you here later." I nodded and let myself out. The drive was four hours, it was in Seneca New York, which I never even heard of and I lived here almost my whole life.

It was definetly nothing like the city. .it was in the south, not the type of south with farms and barns everywhere but the town was really small and some of the roads were dirt. I pulled up to the address Liliann gave me and saw her car parked off to the side... the house was small and well kept with a garden in the front and american flag hanging off the porch.

I bet anything her grandpa is a war vet.

I walked up to the door and didn't really know if I should call Liliann...or ring the doorbell...or knock..or maybe even turn around and walk away. But I just rang the doorbell and waited for what felt like years for a little old lady to answer the door. She had a nest of grey hair and smiled at me, "Hello?" .."Hi, I'm uh, Robert... Grace's father." she looked me up and down and opened her door completely, "Ohh, it's so good to finally meet you. I'm Margeret." I stepped in and shook her tiny hand, it was shaking. "It's nice to meet you too." I followed her, "It's really great that you could make it out here...where did you come from again? Liliann told my husband and I but it slipped our minds." "California..I'm glad I can meet Grace." "Oh I've always wanted to go back there, ya know...my husband Glenn he took me their for our 40th wedding anniversary, it was the grandest time, it must be quite cold for you here, it's still chilly from the winter here." "It's alright...I just moved to California recently from Manhattan." "You don't say? How come?" "Well, my girlfriend lives there...and we plan on staying together for a very long time...getting married. So I thought it'd be best for our relationship." Ofcoarse I can't tell this old lady about going over there to keep Amanda off drugs.

That'd be all sorts of awkward

I was enjoying our small talk and all don't get me wrong she's a lovely old woman but I just wanted to see Grace already and mother of god she walked so slow. I had to move in slow motion practically.

We walked into the living room to see Liliann on the sofa talking with who I assumed to be Margeret's husband Glenn..an old man on a recliner. He reached for his cane to stand up but I put out my hand, "It's all right, Hello I'm Robert." he smiled up at me, "I'm Glenn, Gracie's grandpa." Margaret sat down next to Liliann, "We all know that for pete's sake Glenn." she mumbled. I glanced over to see Liliann look at me, she had the look in her eyes that I always saw in our marriage..that 'forgive me, I'm sorry, talk to me' look. To bad I'm not here for her, I'm here for Grace. Margeret looked at me, "Are you thirsty? Hungry? I made some lemon squares...have a seat." "Oh no thank you I'm fine, actually I did have a long drive...mind if I use your washroom?" "Oh ofcoarse not, let me show you.." I could see her struggling to stand up, Liliann really wasn't bullshitting when she said they're too old to raise Grace. "It's alright, I'll find it just fine." she smiled and I made my way up the stairs.

Jesus christ I felt so awkward just being their in that house. Just completely out of my comfort zone.

All the doors were closed so it was hard for me to tell which room it was and I needed to take the longest piss of my life. I opened the door closest to me to see a sewing room? There was a table and a sewing machine and a bunch of fabrics on tables around it..nope not a bathroom.

I opened the door next to that room to see a girl sitting on the ground in the middle of the room next to her bed tying her converse. She looked up at me and continued tying her shoes.. oh shit... is this her?

It has to be what other little girl would be here?"

"Um Hello... are you Grace?" she pointed to the green letters hanging on her purple wall over her bed that read,

"G R A C E".

oh...

"...I'm Robert..your.."

"My dad." she finished while standing up and brushing off her jeans. I nodded. She walked towards me and I awkwardly stuck out my hand, she looked at it oddly for a couple seconds and smiled before shaking it. Her hand was so tiny and soft, she barerly came up to my shoulder. She shut off the light in her room while looking at me, "So did you plan on us meeting this way? Or were you lost." I chuckled, "Actually I really needed to use the bathroom." "It's across the hall. I'll be downstairs." "Thanks." she turned, closed her bedroom door and walked off practically hopping down the stairs... she reminds me of someone

The way she walks.

The way she talks.

Even the way she just pranced down those stairs...

She Reminds me of myself.

______________________

Soooooooooo what do you all think of Gracie?

Thank you all for your comments they really help me. There is a picture of Grace on the side. Do you all think Robert should try to get custody of her????

BTW CZARGON'S NAME IS PRONOUNCED  

(ZAR-GONE) The C is silent. :)

vote-comment please&thankyou