|The Ugly Truth|

Walking up the path way to the house, I could sense that Grace was a bit nervous, but I was going to take care of everything. I rang the doorbell and suprisingly Liliann answered it. She gave us that smile, the ridiculous fake one that nearly jumps off her face, I could see it already, she was pissed about something.

"Grace, why don't you go inside so I can talk with Liliann for a sec."

She walked inside stopping at the end of the hall and looking at me, I gave her a blank stare until she completely turned the corner and was out of sight, and hopefully out of hearing range.

"That was really mature of you, not inviting me to lunch just because of your own personal distaste for me. You're still the selfish Robert you've always been." I nearly took a step back, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Me Selfish?

"Do you even hear what your saying?" I shook my head not knowing how to break it down to this womam that she's the most self absorbed person I have and will ever encounter.

Stick to the plan!

"Liliann, I don't have the time or patience to fight with you about that right now. I only wanted Grace to go because I had an important question to ask her and honestly I didn't want you there when she told me her answer. And you know what? I didn't come here so that we could all go on a family lunch date and act like everythings fucking peachy when you ruined everything in the first place, so shut your mouth because you sound more ignorant than ever."

"What did you ask her?" her nostrils were flaring, oh I'm scared.

"I offered her the choice to come live with me in California."

Her face twisted from ignorance to pure rage, "How dare you? She's living with me Robert and that's final!" I shook my head, obviously she's scared. "Nope, she made her decision.. and you weren't it, why don't you stop thinking about yourself for a change?"

She glared at me for a good second before stepping down from the porch and lunging her self into shoving me. "You're a bastard, you don't even really want her! You just want to make me pay for what I did, but you know what?! You can rot in hell because I can assure you a court will never rule for a thirteen year old girl to live with her father when her mother is perfectly capable! I know why your doing this! Maybe you fooled Grace by working her over with fast food, but I know you and I know you have to much on your plate already to want Grace!"

I was on the verge of just walking away until she got in my face lowering her voice, "Who are you trying to fool Rob? You're already raising that girlfriend of yours who you managed to knock up, you can't handle three kids."

Liliann had angered me more than enough times in our whole relationship of just knowing eachother, but this was the worst I've experienced with her. I grabbed her by the wrist jolting her still as she tried to pull away, "Don't you dare talk about Amanda, You're just pissed because your alone and you're always going to be alone, Amanda isn't even my wife yet and she's already better then you ever were. What makes you think Grace would want to live with a selfish liar?" she looked away from me, her eyes started to water but I didn't care, "C'mon! you wanted to get tough so role with the punches Liliann! What makes you think Grace would ever want someone who abandoned her? Huh? You think just cus you fessed up your mistakes that makes up for anything? Do you think it cleans your slate? Don't tell me you thought I was gonna drop my life and come back to you to be a disfunctional little family here?  If that's what you had planned you're so wrong...I hate you, and you know how I feel about the word hate, but I really mean it. I regret you, and the only good thing that came from me ever being with you is Grace." I paused and looked at her directly in the eyes. "I think... you're a sad ugly person inside and out. Maybe it's a good thing that you gave her up, I honestly don't think you have what it takes to be a good parent. I want nothing to do with you Liliann. Grace is going to live with me, she made her choice and I'll be damned if your gonna force her into living with you after everything you put her through. Except it, and live with it."

I dropped her wrists and shrugged past her and to the front door, "And for the record, Amanda is thrilled to help me raise Grace." I shut the door behind me and looked for Glenn and Margaret, I doubt they'll react the way Liliann did. 

I walked past the kitchen to be pulled in by my sleeve, "Is she mad?" I could see the worry lines forming on Grace's forehead. I sighed, "She's not mad at you, she's mad at me. Don't worry about it everything is fine." .. "I kind of already told my grandparents." "What'd they say?" "They said that they trust the both of you and that it's my choice ultimately... and I already made my choice." ... "Well then I guess that's settled." I gave her hug and we walked out to the living room, "Do you think we should go check on Liliann?"

  "I think she just needs time to breath, she'll be back in." 

Actually Liliann didn't come back...she left. And when the sun went down Glenn and Margaret offered to let me stay in one of their guest bedroom instead of the car. That night Grace and I sat on the living room floor and ate popcorn while watching movies, I decided to call Amanda to see how she was doing when she asked me to do the scarriest thing that I've probably ever been asked of in my whole.damn life.. "I'd do it if I were there!" "I know you would, but I just- why can't you just call her and tell her you're pregnant like a normal person would??"   "Because you're already there, I don't see why you can't just tell my mom, we both know she's gonna freak out into like a fit of joy."

I don't know about that...

"What if she gets mad at me?"  "Wha-whyyy would she get mad at you? Robert you don't make sense. Look, when you go back to Jude's to drop of his little car before he drops you off at the airport, ask him to stop at my mom's house, go inside, tell her the news, she'll probably get all emotional and happy, hug goodbye, and then you get your big butt on that plane and back home so we can cuddle. See, it's perfect." I couldn't stop laughing, "You're lucky I love you."  "Oh you better love me, I'm carrying your baby old man." I rolled my eyes, "Let's see if your so sassy when I get back."  "My name is Amanda Sassmaster DeAngelo." "Take it easy sassmaster, my son needs to sleep." "Goodnight, I love you." Even though I wasn't with her, it felt like I was, "I love you too don't forget to pick me up from the airport tomorrow." "Yea yea." was all she said before hanging up. She's something else.

___________________________

Hope you all like the update! There's gonna be another one today!

Do you think Liliann deserved all that? lol

BTW I LIKE RARELY DO SHOUTOUTS BUT THIS GIRL

@InfiniteWine has blown me away, I helped her start her story and she is so talented, I honestly think 'Educate Me' is better then my stories, I'm obsessed with it and she just started it there's 2 chapters so far but definetly go read it, you won't regret it.

vote-comment

please&thankyou