{18} What Could Go Wrong?

"My wife!" Jack yelled, instantly wrapping his arms around Mark's waist and looking up at his smooth face. "You look high as fuck."

He was right. Mark's eyes were puffy and bright red.  

"My contacts are irritating my eyes." He replied, rubbing his eyes with his fingers, which was only making things worse. He was probably legally blind without his contacts or his glasses.

They walked through the school parking lot to Mark's truck. Both were thankful that it was 3:25, and they could finally go home. It's not like they hated school or anything, they just preferred to be home rather than at school with a bunch of idiots they secretly hated.

A blush spread across the smaller boy's cheeks as he watched his boyfriend open the passenger door for him, like he always did, before walking around to the driver's side and getting in the car himself.

"If your eyes are all fucked up, how ya gonna drive?"

"I'm good." Mark replied confidently. He only had to drive for about 15 minutes anyways, so the only question he asked himself was 'what could go wrong?' besides getting in a car accident and not being able to drive again until he turned 18, if he even lived through something so tragic.

The Asian boy caught a glimpse of his reflection in the rear view mirror. He figured that driving with two irritated eyes would be dangerous, so if he took out one of his contacts and left the other one in, it would even everything out and be less dangerous even though he'd be blind in one eye.

With his finger, he carefully removed the small lens from the surface of his left eye and flicked it out the window.

"I hope you have your glasses with you! I saw that! If you get me killed, I swear to God!" Jack panicked, gently slapping the back of Mark's head with his iPhone 6 Plus.

"We won't die. Everything's good!" Mark successfully backed out of his parking space despite not being able to see clearly. "See! Already off to a great start!"

"Whatever! I hate you!"

"But I love you."

"Aww, I love you, too!"