{190} Disney's Magic Kingdom

"Dad, my birthday is next week. Did you know?"

"Yes. Next Friday. I'm aware." The blonde man sassed, rolling his eyes jokingly. "That's all you've been talking about all month."

"Well, I want stuff."

Mark wasn't usually one to make a huge, huge deal about his birthday, nor did he really ever ask for gifts or anything like that, but, this particular year, there were actually things he wished for for his birthday that he really, really wanted.

"Oh?" Clifton raised an eyebrow, glancing at his son. He smiled, and after a moment or two of silence, he spoke up. "Are you gonna tell me? Or...?"

Mark quickly tore his glance away from looking outside the bus windows to his phone, "Oh, umm..." He quickly opened up the Notes app on his iPhone and tapped on his birthday wish list, displaying a screenshotted image of the graphing calculator he wanted and the price, and turned his phone so his dad could see. He'd almost forgotten how nice it was to have a phone after so long of having to use an iPad or Jack's.

"I really, really want this calculator."

"Hmm... Okay... Anything else?"

"I also want underwear. and some clothing items and a few other things, but we can talk about that later." Mark chuckled nervously, rushing the last part of that sentence.

Clifton nodded, wanting to laugh at Mark's awkwardness.

The bus they were on finally halted at their stop and along with the rest of the crowd, they got off.

"Magic Kingdom!" Jack screeched loudly, gaining the attention of people in the area

"Magic Kingdom!" Jack screeched loudly, gaining the attention of people in the area. He giggled and grabbed Mark's hand.

"Did you talk to your dad about your birthday, honey?"

"I showed him the calculator I wanted and he said okay. But I don't know what he means by that. Like, I can't tell if he's gonna get it for me or if he was just saying okay to say it." Mark rambled.

"I don't think he'd just say okay to say it. But I hope he does get if for you!"

"'Kay, so, what does everyone wanna do?" Florrie asked as they'd all successfully scanned their magic bands and passed through the security bag check. She turned around to face everyone.