Seattle

Hey guys so just to clear things up. I haven't really given that much detail when it comes to my characters besides the fact that they are black (if you didn't know. Or hadn't figured out yet) because you're going to picture whoever you want anyways.
And I suck at giving descriptions.

Nathan is Jesse's seven year old son, not Courtney's. You'll meet the mother soon enough.

Matthew is Jasmine and Mike's two year old son.

Nevaeh is Kehlani's younger sister.
Jayden is her twin. They are both 17 going on 18.

Kehlani is now 23 going on 24.

If you have questions - any questions at all don't hesitate to ask me.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

I stretched out in bed before opening my eyes and rubbing the sleep away and yawned. I stared up at the ceiling for a moment or two before getting out of bed and making my way over to the adjoining bathroom.

I walked out feeling refreshed with a towel wrapped around my body. I quickly towel dried myself and applied lotion onto my body very thoroughly making sure I didn't miss a spot. I slipped on my underwear and hooked my bra.

I decided on a simple and comfortable outfit today jeans, a top, a large sweater and uggs. I also decided to give my eyes a break from my contacts and put on my glasses.

I rushed downstairs and got started with breakfast.

My phone vibrated forty five minutes later alerting me of a message.

We're outside.

I pressed the button for the gate to open for my family.

"Morning," I greeted everyone receiving a chorus of mornings as they flood into the kitchen.

"Morning four eyes," Jesse joked. I sucked my teeth before covertly flipping him off.

Everyone was here but unlike last night Courtney, Matthew, my sister, Mike and Nathan aren't here.

"Aren't you all supposed to be at work or at class or something?" I asked looking around. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that they're here but it is Monday and I'm sure they had more important things to do.

"Well we couldn't miss seeing you off," dad said.

"And we've never missed a day," Mom added intertwining her fingers with dads.

"Courtney wished that she could see you off but she had to go to work. And Nate of course had school," Jesse said apologetically.

"And well I got the job offer at Seattle Prep," Imani suddenly announced.

Aaliyah is the first to react and rushes to Imani to give her a hug. We all follow shortly after and shower her with hugs and congratulations of our own.

"Thank you so much. Things seem to be working out for us huh?" She said playfully jabbing me before taking her seat at the table when we all had calmed down.

"It would seem so," I smiled.

"So when are you moving?" I asked when I sat down by the table were everyone had a plate of waffles, fruit, yogurt and a muffin in front of them with orange juice or coffee or in my case tea.

"By the end of the next month so that the month after that I'll already be accustomed to everything and know my way around," she replied after swallowing her food.

"That's smart thinking," dad added before stuffing his face.

"Dad slow down," I scolded, afraid that he'll choke on his food.