Brave

Hey guys! Sooooo I hope y'all enjoyed the previous chapter. For those who read the chapter before I fixed the problem sorry for repeating the exchange between Christian and Brent. It happens a lot more than you think but I normally catch it before publishing so I apologize.

But moving on. I'm running outta ideas which is why I'm not publishing as quick as I used to. I know what I want from this book I know where I want it to go but I just don't know how to go about getting there😟.

But that's my problem not yours so just enjoy the chapter and let me know what you think. What or who do you want to see more of? What would you like to happen? You know? That sorta thing.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Kehlani's POV

Nothing's the same anymore. Not that I hadn't expected it to change. But I had hope. I had hoped that, that one phone call wouldn't turn my whole world upside down.

But then again when has anything ever gone my way?

"So what did you find?" I asked before putting him on speaker and nervously playing with my lower lip.

"So at a first glance at Hyde life, it seems pretty normal and basic. He pays his bills on time. No living relatives. No girlfriend. Has no dog or cat or any other pets. Just a normal, good looking, single, white male with a large porn collection. Probably bordering on addiction." He paused.

"But then I checked out his laptop and I must say it's kind of worrisome. I found a hidden file with over a dozen videos of him..."

"Yes?"

"It's videos of him having sexual intercourse young women. He seems to like to tie them up and likes it really rough. Not that I'm judging him or anything. Everyone has their kinks but that's just not mine." Nelson said. From the corner of my eye I see Christian tense a little.

"I thought that they were just random women but I dug a little more and they all happen to be his assistants." He said quietly.

My mind thinks back to that night in the ladies room with Jack. The day Christian and I officially became a couple. It all feels like it happened ages ago.

"You still there?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm still here." I said. I could feel Christian, Taylor and Sawyer's burning gaze on me but I avoid them all.

"So at first I thought that these women were into that kind of thing you know but then I stumbled on this digital journal of his. He has recorded almost every event from the day these women started their jobs as his assistant leading up to him seducing them and leading them to bed. All in detail. Even what he does to them in bed. He also goes as far as to blackmail them when they don't want to continue the affair. All this is in his journal."

"It gets worse." Nelson warns.

"What could possibly be worse than that?" I asked.

"Unlike those women, their lives are not in danger while yours and your boyfriend on the other hand might be." Nelson replied.

My heart stuttered at that. I wasn't worried about myself but more so about Christian.

"Hyde has a huge file on your boyfriend and his whole." He said.

"What?" Christian asked his grey eyes shooting daggers at my phone.

"Is that him? Am I on speaker?" He asked.

"Yes and yes." I said.

"Oh well it's a plea..."

"There's no time for pleasantries just get to the point. What's in those file?" Christian says rudely cutting Nelson off.