Give Up

Hey guys🙋🏾‍♀️. I hope y'all are well. These past few weeks have been a lot. I lost my aunt the day before I posted the previous chapter. I pushed myself to finish it because I knew that the coming weeks would be hectic because she wasn't going to be buried the same week she died but the following week because another family member was to be buried that Saturday. Then I got sick the week of my aunt's funeral then there was another funeral that I had to attend the following week. And my results aren't out yet so I'm super stressed.

I hope that that little paragraph reminds y'all that although I'm an author I'm also human. I go through the same things you do behind the scenes. I know y'all would like me to update as soon as possible but you have to be patient with me. You never know what I could be going through. I'm not saying this to make y'all feel guilty that's not my intention💜. Please don't feel guilty💕. I do this for myself but I also do it for y'all too. I want to finish this book for us. I'm fully committed. It's been 2 years and 11 months writing this book. If I wanted to give up I would have done so a long time ago.

But moving on. I hope y'all enjoyed the previous chapter. I tried to make this one as long as possible but only managed a few words short of 4k.

Please enjoy. Leave comments and vote. Please don't vote before reading. It makes me nervous because you might not like the chapter...

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

I'm woken up by a loud banging noise. I'm in my room but have no recollection of getting here. All I remember is coming back to the apartment after a trip to the doctor's office and turns out I have tonsillitis.

Yay me.

Tonsillitis is no joke. My throat hurt like a bitch, I have a never ending headache not to mention a fever, my skin feels very sensitive, much more sensitive than usual and did I mention that my throat hurt like a bitch? It hurt to speak, eat and swallow. So I pretty much came back to the apartment and changed into my most comfortable pajamas and curled up into a small ball in bed.

I've been cooking for myself and the boys for the past few days but since I am sick Philippe, Reynolds and Luke stepped up and cooked.

Philippe made lasagne while Reynolds made the salad and helped out where he could while Luke prepared a chicken broth for me, much to my dismay. It wasn't that it wasn't delicious. I'm sure it was -not that I'd know because my taste buds were pretty much dust- Luke is a very talented cook. I have not doubt in my mind that the broth was good but dammit I wanted lasagne too. But my throat hurt too much I couldn't bare to eat it. After dinner the boys tried to cheer me up by watching John Wick with me. It was the only movie we could all agree on. I wasn't in the mood for romance or horror while the boys wanted action. So the boys got their action and I got to sigh and drool over Keanu Reeves. It was a win win situation.

I try to think about the ending but come up empty. I must've fallen asleep during the movie so someone must've helped me to bed.

I groaned, gently clutching my throat. My throat was still sore and felt really dry.

When I turn to my side to get out of bed, I see a glass of water right next to my glasses with a pink note attached to it. The words 'drink' written in Luke's writing on it. Despite my pain I smiled taking the note. That's when I noticed the bottle of painkillers on the other side of the glass.

What would I do without you Luke? I opened the bottle and took out two pills and tossed them into my mouth then took slow steady sips of water.

I slipped back underneath the covers. Was I dreaming? I could've sworn the noise was real. I turn over in my bed and face the window. It's still dark out. I should get a few more hours of sleep.