Test of Faith

Hey guys I hope y'all enjoyed the last chapter as much as I did writing it!

As I've said before I'm emotionally constipated so I have to try extra extra hard to stir emotions and I really hope that I've done that in this chapter. It would also be awesome if you cried. It would mean I actually did something right.

Her outfit...

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Kehlani's POV

I walked into Jack's office where he had lay on his arms sleeping.

Sleeping! He has been fucking sleeping while I've been slaving over that fucking outdated computer and keyboard while he caught up on his beauty sleep.

My fingers were sore from writing notes and editing via hand before typing out and binding the finished copies while this lazy shmuck gets to take credit for my work.

What do they - excuse me - I meant what do I even pay him for? To sit on his fat ass while I did his job for him?

Today had started off so wonderfully. I had woken up a little hungover after spending the night drinking too much to drink. after spilling my guts out to my friends about every single detail about my stay in Seattle. Mostly Christian.

I couldn't stop thinking about him. I've tried so hard to not think about him but I couldn't help it. He made me feel things that I hadn't felt in a long time... since Mike really. But this was different. What I felt for Christian compared to Mike felt so much different that I couldn't really explain it when the girls had asked.

So I got dressed had a short phone call with my parents and picked up a hundred dollar bill on the side of the road on my way to the bus stop my day was looking up. And then I got to work.

But of course work had to fuck up this wonderful day when Anastasia started giving me these looks like I kicked her puppy that I'm fairly certain I didn't deserve. Furthermore Jack thought that it would be okay to dump twelve! Not one or three or even six but twelve fucking manuscripts.

After five cups of rooibos tea with a slice of lemon (because I hate coffee) and an energy bar later I had finally finished.

And now here I am standing in front of this... this poor excuse for a boss.

I rolled my eyes as I approached and dropped the stack of manuscripts that he had dumped on me onto his desk.
He startled awake and glared at me hard.