Other Side

Hey guys! I hope that y'all are well💕.

I know that it has been a while but it's been hectic. I had assignments to hand in then I had my exams. I thought that they'd be easy because they were open book but I was wrong😖. I still passed though so that's great.  Then I lost my uncle last month. So between all those things I didn't have time to write. I have assignments due next week as well but I pushed to finish this chapter to keep the tradition going.

As y'all know today is the 18th and I always post a chapter on my birthday and I've been doing so every year without fail. This year is no different.

Here it is everyone. I hope y'all enjoy it. I kind of had to learn how to write again because it's been so long! But I hope y'all enjoy it.

Also if you see any mistakes/errors please let me know.

[The song up above is the song that I was supposed to use in the previous chapter. Y'all should listen to it it's a masterpiece!]

Happy reading everyone! 🌼

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

I'm kicking and flapping my arms as fast and as hard as I can but to no avail.

I'm dreaming. I must be. This can't be how it ends. My lungs were screaming for air. I'm running out of time. I kicked harder. I could see the warped shape of the moon almost as if it was in grasping distance.

I vaguely remember watching a girl drowning in a lake at camp. She was saved by one of the life guards. Back in the girls cabin later on that night we had huddled together and one of the girls asked her what drowning felt like. With a scared look in her eyes and a tear stained face, she shook her head and told us that she couldn't describe what it felt like. That the whole experience was just 'scary'. I wonder if this is what she felt when she drowned. I imagine that the experience is the same for everyone but I could be wrong.

My arms and legs began to ache but I pushed on in sheer desperation.

There was still so much I wanted to do. I hadn't even accomplished half the things I wanted to. I still have so much to give! And my family and friends, there was so much that was left unsaid. I hope that they find it in their hearts to forgive me. Mostly Sawyer. I hope he forgives me eventually and finds his happiness.

My air supply ran out. My mouth opened instinctively for air. Water filled my mouth. Eyes wide and panicked, I gasped and gulped more water. My throat burned as more water began to fill my lungs. My movements became sluggish with every passing second. My body convulsed. My vision spotted was going dark.

My mind drifts to Christian. I'm sorry. You were right. In my last moments, I'll atleast take responsibility for this. It's my fault.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

I blinked.

"Shit is right"

I bit my lip. He's really mad.

Christian averts his gaze to a space over my shoulder. It doesn't take much to figure out what he's glaring at.

I slowly turn my head around as the little traitor and the subject of Christian's ire, stumbles into the living room.

I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling at the cuteness of it all. My smile soon drops and is replaced with a grimace as he lifts his leg and pees on the couch.

When I turn back to look at Christian his glare has intensified. He then closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, holds it, then slowly releases it audibly through his mouth. He repeats this twice. When he's done he is visibly much more relaxed than when he first walked in. He slowly opens his eyes and meets my gaze.