Cold War

Hey guys. I hope y'all are well. I'm feeling great because it's my 20th Birthday today😥🙃🎉🎁🎈❤. For the past two years that I've been writing this book I've posted a chapter on my birthday so... here it is. I hope y'all enjoy it.

But before y'all start reading I'd like to thank everyone who showed me love and sent encouraging messages/ comments. Thank you so much it meant a lot and I appreciated it❤.

Enjoy😊.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Kehlani's POV

He's trying to kill me. I thought as I am sent sailing across the floor, limbs flailing and all and land on my back with a thud. I close my eyes tightly as pain instantly shoots up my spine and spreads throughout my body. My head throbs from the impact but it is nothing compared to what the rest of my body feels like.

"Again," he growled.

When I don't move immediately from my spot on the floor he is instantly by my side and speaks through gritted teeth, "Kehlani, you of all people should know that I don't like repeating myself. Get. Up. And. Do. It. Again."

He's honestly trying to kill me. Is my last thought before I take my sweet time turning over and getting on my hands and knee to bide myself some time.

I muster what is left of my strength and energy, I stand up and pointedly look at my father as I lift my arms to protect my face before finally facing Sawyer who mirrored my position. I had made the mistake of not doing so moments ago thinking that Sawyer would go easy on me like he usually does but dad wasn't having it and apparently neither is Sawyer after he'd been told off by my dad that he was going too easy on me.

Sawyer advances knowing that I am never one to make the first move. He throws a combination of attacks my way and manage to block each and every one of his attempts.

When he balls his hand and throws out his hand to punch me, I duck out of the way and punch him in the throat. Thrown off guard Sawyer kneels before me, his one hand on the ground to balance him and the other gripping his neck while he tries to catch his breath. Seeing that this was my opening I run forward and use his bent leg as leverage to hoist myself up and wrap my legs around his neck and send us both sprawling on the floor. Instead of letting go I manoeuvre myself a little until his head is between my thighs and squeeze.

Still not fully recovered from my last attack Sawyer taps against my leg. I instantly let him go and roll away from him signalling the end of our eighth round.

Sawyer five. Kehlani three.

I lay on my back and I breathed heavily as I stared at the ceiling of the gym. This was not how I envisioned my morning beginning. I thought covering my face with my arm.

In my mind my Saturday morning was to start by waking up to with Christian's head between my legs followed by mind blowing sex in different positions in different parts of my bedroom in my home. Followed by a nice relaxing shower and more sex then breakfast with my guests the Grey family, my girls as well as Alana and hers before heading to my parents home to get started on celebrating the twins birthday.

But dad threw a monkey wrench in my plans by insisting that everyone sleep over. And as if  to spite me he had Christian sleeping all the way down the hall from me. Not to mention that he had the whole house on lockdown after we had finished cleaning the last remnants of Matthew's party forcing us to sneak out to go to the club as planned and it didn't come cheap.

Jaden, his friends and Nevaeh and hers all demanded to be compensated for their, $20 per person was to be paid to each witness and the more risque the outfit the more you had to pay,  an additional amount of $100 was to be paid to be exact. And to 'sweeten' the offer they would not bring it up this night at a later date and would also cover our asses if any of the parents were looking for us.