Matthew

Heyyyyy!!! So I hope y'all liked the previous chapter and yeah thanks for voting and commenting. Also thank you to those who followed me - and for doing so I've followed back whether you have a book or not.

So that's that... this chapter is kinda long so forgive me for that.

Enjoy!

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Kehlani's Pov

I actually felt safer with him around and a lot more relaxed.

I knocked a few times before entering her apartment with Sawyer following close behind me.

We found everyone in the living room seated quietly.

Christina and Jordan stood up - holding hands.

"What's going on?" I asked although I already had an idea.

Christina and Jordan seemed to have a silent conversation before Christina ripped off the bandaid.

"We're gay." She said.

Okay...

"And we're in a relationship." Jordan announced.

"Well shit." Imani and I both said.

I rubbed my forehead. I could feel a headache coming on.

"I thought you'd be happy for us." Christina frowned.

"We... we are." Aaliyah said.

"But on the inside." Imani said.

"Exactly we're thinking about the future... have you even told your parents?" I asked.

"We've told mine." Jordan said.

"Your parents aren't the problem here. Your mother isn't a pastor who is strongly against same sex relationships." Imani said.

"What are we going to do?" Christina asked looking worried.

"I don't want to lose my mom or my dad." She whispered.

As much as I wanted to comfort her and tell her that they wouldn't disown her - I honestly couldn't... I didn't want to say anything that I could not guarantee.

We all stood there looking at each other until out of the corner of my eye I saw Sawyer shift subtly I must have not been the only one that noticed because the girls turned to look at him too.

"Oh hey Sawyer." The girls managed to say before fretting all over again.

"Ladies." He said giving them a curt nod.

"What are you doing in Seattle?" Aaliyah asked with her brows pinched together.

"Well since someone..." he paused to give me a pointed look.

"Couldn't stay out of the media as promised. I had to cut my time with my mother and fly out here."

"You were with Lynn?" I asked frowning.

Lynette 'Lynn' Sawyer is Luke's mom who can cook a mean lasagne and who absolutely adores me in equal measure as I do her. I try to visit her often when I'm in or around Chicago which is not much but she's like a mom to me and a close friend.

"You didn't have to fly all the way out here if you were with her Luke. You know that." I continued.

"Yes I did. It's my job to protect you." He stated firmly.

"And how is she?" I asked.

"She's fine. She's been asking about you and when you'd come visit." He said rolling his eyes heaven ward.