Rewind

Hey guys. I know that it's been a while. I've been busy with finals but now I'm done so I can focus on my stories.

Sooo..... this chapter is going to be very short but I hope that you enjoy it all the same.

Don't forget to vote and comment and yeah... Happy reading...😊👍❤

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Kehlani's POV

My heart hammered against my chest. My eyes burned as I struggled to keep my tears at bay as I watched him break down before me.

I felt sick, nervous, panicked and frozen. I had never seen him this way before. I had always seen him as this strong, brave and fearless man. In my eyes he never made mistakes, he could do no wrong and nothing could ever get to him.

He was untouchable and emotions I thought were beneath him. He was the true embodiment of a man or maybe even better he was perfect - almost Godlike. And maybe that's too much pressure to put on a person after all he was only human but that's how I saw him.

Never, ever have I seen him so consumed with guilt and anger. So much pain, anguish and hurt. I could barely keep up with the emotions displayed on his face but one thing remained clear, I had hurt him. Deeply at that.

"Why?" He asked his blood shot eyes meeting my own.

I wanted to say something but my tongue felt glued to the roof of my mouth. My heart is beating a mile a minute as I searched for the right words to say but there were none.

There was no excuse that I could possibly make that would make it all better. Make it all go away.

I opened my mouth but no words came out. My lips trembled.

It all became too much. Unable to hold my tears back anymore. I lifted a shaky hand and covered my mouth as a sob escaped my lips.

««««««««««««««Rewind««««««««««««««

I sipped on my favourite wine and moaned. It had been too long since I last had a single drop of alcohol. I've been off my pain killers for some time now but haven't had the chance until now. It's been a hectic week and I'd been tempted to drink but held off until today.

I was going through the closet rearranging my clothes while trying to make space for my new clothes that had just arrived earlier today. There was a sale at a few of my favourite stores and since I couldn't go there to shop myself with security protocol and all. So I opted to shop online instead. Which was a bad idea from the get go because I'm currently neck deep in shopping bags and boxes.

I had poured over the internet for hours! Spending more money than I'd like on the same dress or pair of shoes in every colour. I'll have to give away some of the clothes I bought to the girls. We're all around the same shoe size anyways and well the clothes we'll just have to figure it out with us being different shapes and sizes.

I hummed to the music playing in the background as I opened the next package.

I barely heard my ipad ring over the music. I stood up to my feet and ran to the bed and almost missed it. It was Christian.

I accepted the call and smiled when his face came into view.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi." I said returning his smile.

"I thought you were sleeping when you didn't pick up the first few calls." He started running his fingers through his hair.

I secretly wished that it was my hand running through those soft copper locks. Christian had the softest hair that I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. But his hair is getting much longer so he'll need to get a haircut soon.