Coping Together Gala - Part 1

Hey guys so I hope y'all enjoyed the previous chapter. It was more of a fill in chapter but I hope you still liked it nonetheless.

Ok so this chapter is really with 6370 plus words. One of the longest chapters I've ever written. With that said with long ass chapters comes huge ass mistakes so please excuse any and all errors on my part. I had to pull off many - many all nighters for this chapter and I hope that y'all appreciate it.

But enough with all that... let's get to it then 👇

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Kehlani's POV

Today is the day of the charity ball and I am nervous.

My phone has been ringing non-stop because people still need confirmation on where they should put this or that.

Other than that everything has been set up. The stage had been set up yesterday afternoon. The tables, chairs, utensils and expensive China were delivered last night. The flowers are going to be delivered today at noon along with the alcohol for the after party (that I'll also be opening for) when everything is being set as it should be.

I feel like I'm having a bit of an out of body experience right on. I feel like this isn't me which it isn't. Not really anyways. It feels so surreal that I'm going to be singing in front of a huge crowd for money. For a good cause but every time I think about it I feel like I'm going to be sick.

So I'm using up all my energy and power to get my mind off the performances and focus my attention on everything else.

Like family. Everyone is at the hotel because as much as I'd love having them at my apartment, it's already full and too small to fit everyone in.

We're meeting everyone at the hotel in forty minutes to have breakfast and I'm excited. I can't wait to see everyone. I've missed them so much.

"Come on guys. We've got to go." I yelled walking into the living room with Matthew trailing behind me.

I find Nevaeh sitting in the living room staring at her phone with a frown on her face. She looks like she's on the verge of bursting into tears.

"Nevaeh." I said softly.

When she doesn't reply I step closer and try to get her attention again. It doesn't work so I walk over and tap her shoulder lightly.

"What?" She snaps.

"I've been trying to get your attention for a while now."

She looks up startled to see me. Her face falls and her top lip trembles a little. She lets out a shuddering breath and finally lets her tears fall. She covers her face with her hands as she sobs.

"Aunt Lani why she cwyin?" He asks with a frown.

"'Cause I cwy when I sad." He says without waiting for my reply.

Before I can say or do anything. Matthew walks the short distance over to Nevaeh and sits next to her quietly. He places a tiny hand on her back and tries to sooth her.

Nevaeh hugs him to her body tightly.

"Don' cwy Aunt Nefaeh." Matthew murmurs as Nevaeh rocks them back and forth.

I smile a little at the butchering of her name. The sight warms my heart too and I simply refuse to believe that sweet little boy is my sisters son.

Then again there was a time when she used to be one of the kindest and nicest girls that I'd ever known but somewhere down the line she changed.

I sit down next to the duo once Nevaeh has calmed down.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked quietly because I honestly thought that everything would be fine after I handled the video leak (with a little help of course), our parents and their suspension.