Saturday

If you were wondering it this chapter takes place day after the previous chapter.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

"Morning bitch!" I heard voices exclaim as I answered the phone.

"Good morning ladies."

I balanced it between my shoulder and hear as I loaded presents filled with toys into the hired white and black Ford Ranger with the help of the hotel's employees. I was absolutely smitten with the truck. I have one just like it back at home in orange.

"Kehlani it's Saturday!" I heard Christina scream in the background.

"Believe me I know. You wouldn't believe the week I've had."

"Especially yesterday too." I added after a beat remembering my flat and the Grey brothers.

"So it's February." Imani said.

"So it is." I sighed making one of many trips to and fro carefully loading the presents onto the back of the truck.

I'd been planning this day for a while now and had been wrapping these presents for the past with my own bare hands. I wouldn't postpone today even as tired as I was.

"I can't believe valentines day is around the corner and we're all still single." Jordan sighed.

"I don't mind." I shrugged.

"Of course you don't but we do." Aaliyah snorted.

"The last thing I need in my life is a man." I stated calmly.

"No it's actually the first!" Christina retorted.

"Kehlani you know I love you but you need to let go and have fun." Imani sighed.

"In fact what you need is a life." Jordan stated. I could picture her waving her arms around for emphasis

"I have one!"

"No you don't." They damn near screamed. I stopped short and closed my eyes.

I didn't need this and definitely not now.

"All you ever do is sleep, eat, work, gym and repeat." Aaliyah sighed.

"With the occasional charity events." Christina added.

"That's definitely not a life." Imani remarked.

"It's like you're a shell of your former self you know the one before the... incident." Jordan stated.

"Are you still there?" Imani asked.

"Yeah."

"Look we're not trying to gang up on you but this is a much needed intervention." Christina said softly.

"You can't put your life on hold because of some asshole. What he did was wrong on so many levels and I'm not being bias or anything but he lost the best thing that he has ever had." Aaliyah said as they agreed.

"So is this why you called?" I asked impatiently.

"Yeah well we were just calling to confirm that you were picking us up." Imani said.

"Picking you up? For what?" I asked confused.

"Kehlani!" She exclaimed.

"She forgot didn't she?" I heard Jordan ask in the background.

"Forgot what?" I asked as they all groaned.

"We're flying down tomorrow to help Imani move in." Aaliyah replied. I could literally picture her rolling her eyes in irritation. After all she is the most impatient one in the group.