Why?

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the previous chapter. I really have nothing to say other than I apologize if some things if not all don't make sense. My thoughts have been scattered for some time now so you've warned

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Kehlani's POV

I am bored out of my mind. I swing from side to side in my seat in the boardroom only half listening to my employees as they bitch and moan about the GEH employees treating them like they're below them or whatever.

Honestly I couldn't give a rats ass as long as they are doing their jobs and I honestly don't think that they should care either.

They should take a page in my book like how I let my boyfriend's ex walk all over me. It still amazes me how I can still have her under my employ with the way she adresses me. Then again I've not reached my limit yet but I will and she will definitely not want to be there when it happens. She might be good at what she does but it doesn't mean that it will save her from me tossing her ass onto the pavement.

Besides there are more important things to worry about than someone's pettiness.

I mean not only have they got good jobs with great benefits but they are also putting food on the table. They might not be driving some of the cars that the other GEH employees are driving but it's better than nothing.

Besides they are here to work and only work and petty employees should not be able lead them astray. I'm not paying them to care about what other's think about them, I pay them to do their jobs. I personally think that they should grow a pair and fight their own battles instead of running to me.

While they carry on ranting my mind is on the gala, Coping Together. I still have to pick a dress - the perfect dress that will leave my boyfriend drooling. Not only that but I need to find a mask too since that was part of the dress code. Luckily for me or unluckily the 'staff' or support group along with performers don't have to wear masks.

Grace still has no idea that I'll be the one performing with the band. Not to mention that band is a completely inaccurate description. It was a whole orchestra that I'd be performing with tomorrow. They were a really good bunch of people very professional and just great people in general that I've gotten to know. Alana and I have also been working non-stop with them to make sure that everything turns out perfect but all in all everything has been panning out exceptionally well.

I had been also given the green light to have Alana perform at the gala tomorrow night, but she'll only be allowed to perform fifteen minutes of the full hour - doctors orders. I also invited her parents and her brother who will be joining my family at our table.

There will be a lot of us present tomorrow night. I basically invited my whole family to this event. Not only did I want it to be a success but I want it to raise a lot of money than it has ever raised before.

So back to the dresses. They should be arriving any minute now. I thought looking at my watch.

It's only a twenty minutes before 12. The plan was that I'd have my lunch while going through possible dresses after they've been delivered before my meeting with an author that I've been fighting tooth and nail for with another publishing house.

On top of that I am already starving because I was late this morning and didn't have time to have breakfast.  Lord knows that if I miss lunch because of this dreadful meeting I will not be happy.

Thankfully the bickering comes to an abrupt halt when some knocks on the door and Claire pokes her head in.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but Kehlani there's a delivery for you and also man and his wife here to see you." She said.