Home With You

Hey guys. I hope y'all are well.

You probably weren't expecting an update so soon... I probably should've just posted this before the A/N because this chapter was ready. It's been ready for some time but I wanted to post the full thing (you'll see what I mean when you finish reading).

But it's clear to me that I am stuck. I might be stuck for some time too. Weeks maybe months... I don't know. I know what I want to happen but I just can't get there. But I hope this is a pleasant surprise for y'all.

Don't mind the title... I've been listening to FKA twigs and I couldn't decide on the name/title for this chapter

>>>>>> I have a very important A/N at the end so please read it. And please reserve all judgement until you have read it. <<<<<<<

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

I'm nervously tugging on my lip when my door is opened. I look up to see Cooper standing with an expectant look on his face. I take his proffered hand and step out the car. I take a moment to gather myself then walk ahead.

We find Taylor and Gaston waiting for us by the elevator.

"Good evening Miss King. Gentlemen," Taylor greets politely.

Without even waiting for us to reply he continues speaking. "Mr. Grey requested that I escort you to the penthouse," he says looking directly at me.

I frowned at that and opened my mouth but he's speaking again.

"Gaston will escort your men to the penthouse using the service elevator."

I turn to Sawyer and raise an eyebrow.

"Are you okay with this?" I ask quietly.

Sawyer's eyes narrow slightly. He doesn't look pleased at all but nods his head.

"Okay."

"I'll have my phone on me at all times. Call me when you're ready to leave or come find me," he says without breaking eye contact. I nod my head in understanding.

There's a ding indicating the arrival of the elevator which Taylor holds open for me.

"Miss King," Taylor prompts.

I look at Sawyer and the guys one last time before stepping in the elevator.

Taylor punches in the new code and then the elevator is in motion.

My stomach is in knots about this dinner. I'm so nervous. I think I might be sick. I closed my eyes.

Taylor clears his throat momentarily halting my thoughts.

"Miss King if I may," he says gruffly.

I open my eyes and look at him expectantly. My attention is then drawn to his feet. He's shuffling from foot to foot. I've never seen him this nervous. In fact he rarely shows emotion really.

"Yes Taylor?" I look down at his feet then up at him confused.

"I know I am overstepping but Mr. Grey, he-" he pauses a thoughtful look on his face as he searches for the right thing to say. "He means well," he finishes. I think he's going to say more but he doesn't. He suddenly looks uncomfortable. I'd go s far as to say that he's embarrassed and I think I know why. That's probably the most he has said about his boss to someone other than Gail.

"Thank you Taylor," I smiled.

He nods his head then shifts back into his usual serious demeanour just as we reach the penthouse.