Chris

Hey guys! So the previous chapter was full blown Chrilani? Other characters were mentioned but didn't  make an appearance. This is also Chrilani based. I spent all day and night writing this so I hope y'all like it.

Enjoy🙋

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Kehlani's POV

I trace my tattoo as I stare out the window of the car lost in thought.

"How far away is this place?" I asked Sawyer.

We've already been on the road for probably an hour and a half and I was getting antsy was understandable. I had only gotten discharged from hospital this morning.

"Three more hours at most." Sawyer replied sparing me a look before looking back at the road.

When we first left, the weather was fine then thirty minutes in, on our journey it started drizzling. Now the rain is pouring heavily which is why he's driving at a turtles pace.

I stare back out the window and think back to this morning. The reason why I'm being driven out to an unknown destination.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

It's Saturday morning and I'm being discharged today.

I'm really excited. I can't wait to go back to work, do something constructive and actually have some semblance of normalcy in my life.

There hasn't been one single dull day ever since I moved to Seattle. There's always something new with each day that passes by and it's not always good.

I honestly feel like I really can't catch a break. I pray that no one else has to deal with anything remotely similar to what I've been through. When I feel like the hard part has passed life throws something just as hard if not harder my way.

But these are the cards that I've been dealt so every time I feel like giving up or staying down, I remind myself that it could be worse. And believe it can get worse. I've read stories more heart wrenching than my own.

I might be facing challenges but so are other people out there and some face difficulties or go through hardships that are much more challenging than my own.

Right now, in the world there are people fighting for basic human rights that have not been met and fighting for a better life that they deserve than the one that they have now. People out there are being murdered, tortured and displaced  on a daily basis while others are struggling with famine, poverty, having their rights violated and worrying about when or where the next meal will be coming if at all.

So I can't complain and despite everything that I've been through, I honestly wouldn't change a thing that I've been through good or bad. These hardships have made me the person that I am. I wouldn't be who I am if it wasn't for all the challenges I've faced. Besides what I've been through  led me right to Christian.

Ah Christian Trevelyan Grey.

He's simply amazing in every sense of the word. He is great not to mention that my family loves him but that boy must think I'm dumb. He's hiding something. I have no idea what it is but he's definitely hiding something and I'm going to find out what it is.

But the question is do I even want to know what he's been up to?

Well I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

With that thought I walk out the bathroom in my black lace underwear at first I had the matching bra on but I felt uncomfortable breathing not to mention my bruise still hurt and wearing a bra only served to make my life more difficult. At this point I won't be wearing bras anytime soon. Not that I mind. I never liked them anyways.