Chapter Eight: Day 8

Liam

"Hey Alliebear. You will never guess what happened at lunch today. Rachel came over to our table and threw herself at me. Yes, the one and only - gossiping queen, meaner than should be legal, with a bunch of minions at her beck and call - Rachel. She told me that she'll help me get over you. I think I didn't get a word out for a minute or two. I had to calm myself down enough to fight the urge to strangle her right then and there in the middle of the cafeteria. I told her very nicely that she should back off and leave me alone. Forever.

"I mean, what's there to get over anyways? You're here and soon you'll wake up and things will go back to normal. I'm still getting angry just thinking about it. It's already enough that everyone is staring at me like I'm a walking zombie. Ok. To be fair, I might actually resemble one a little bit right now but still. What do they expect? My best friend is in the hospital in a coma. Should I be happily jumping around and randomly break out into song and dance? People should really just worry about their own crap."

****

Thanks to all of you guys for reading, voting, and commenting. Keep the love coming. You make it so much more fun to write, so I really appreciate the support! ❤