Chapter Thirty-Seven: Day 59

Liam

"My mom scared the crap out of me last night when I got home. I didn't see her when I went into the kitchen to get a drink. When I turned around to go to my room she was suddenly standing right in front of me, her face covered in one of those mud-masks or whatever the hell that stuff was. She looked like a sea-creature. It got even worse when she started laughing, and pieces of mud just started falling off her face. It was not pretty, I'm telling you. I'll never be able to get that image out of my head.

"That reminded me of the sleep-over you and some girls had a few years ago. I didn't know what you guys were doing and just wanted to stop by to say Hi. Seeing all of you with different colored stuff on your faces was surely not what I had been expecting. When the girls saw me they either froze in place, or they left the room as fast as they could. You of course did neither. You skipped over to me to give me one of your big hugs. Of course I didn't realize until it was already too late that you deliberately did so to smear your mask over half of my face. Sneaky little thing you."

*****

Have face masks actually ever worked for anyone?? 🤷

Anyone nervous yet about Allie waking up or not? Who thinks she'll wake up and remember him? Anyone who doesn't? 🙈

Thanks for all the lovely support. ❤