Chapter Twelve: Day 17

Liam

"Guess who's finally back, Alliebear? I haven't seen you for a whole week and I was so afraid that you wouldn't be here anymore when I'm finally allowed to come and visit you again. I had the same nasty bug that Jackie had, but luckily I got over it a lot faster than she did. She told me that she came by to see you this week. She was a mess when she got back home that day. I was a bit out of it with the fever, but I still remember the pure devastation on her face. I wish I could make all of this go away. I can't stand seeing everyone so unhappy all the time.

"Anyway, your mom said that the doctors will do another CT scan soon to make sure your brain swelling is still going down. So far, everything still seems to look good though, and the doctors remain positive. Even though it feels like you've been in this coma forever, it's actually not uncommon for some people to take weeks or months to wake up from it. The doctor said to just keep doing what we're doing, that there's always a chance you might hear us. So we'll just do that, always keep going, and never give up."

****

Thanks so very much for the continuous support on my stories, it means so much to me!!! You guys are the best! ❤❤❤