Chapter Thirty-Four: Day 54

Liam

"I found that picture of us where we were stuck in the big tree in our backyard. You had told me that it was totally safe to climb up. So, as usual I listened to you and followed you up that tree like a little monkey.

"The branches were so thick that we could comfortably sit on them. We played up there for hours, courtesy to the filled backpack you carried with you. I started freaking out a little when we realized that the way down wasn't as easy as the way up, and that we would need help to get back down. You just looked at me with your big brown eyes, and told me that you were happy to be sharing this adventure with me.

"Your hair looked like a rat's nest, and you were dirty from top to bottom. I agreed with you wholeheartedly, but not for the reason you might have thought. We were twelve at that time already, and you had just started hanging out with some new girls from school.

"This moment there alone with you was so special to me, because no one else mattered, and no one else could take it away from me. It was nice not having to worry about losing you as a friend, and to just be us for a little bit longer."

*****

Gosh, who else loves Liam's memories of the two of them?

Anyone has a friend like this??

Thanks so much for reading and sticking with Liam and me. ❤❤❤