Chapter 2

Elan's POV:

"May I have..." My tongue came to a halt when my eyes met hers. The girl standing in front of me could have graced any billboard or magazine cover, but she was even better than those models. She had no make-up on, but was still so attractive. Her stunning black hair were tied in a high pony tail. She had the eyes like those of my grandmother. So pure, so pretty. Her nose was just the right size that fitted her face.

"Yes, what do you want to have, Sir?" A soft, elegant voice came out of her well shaped lips while I was lost in her beauty.

"S..sir?"

"Uh, yes. Yes, I was going to order..um..cappuccino. A cappuccino, please."

"Right away. That'd be $3."

"Sure." I pulled out my Prada wallet and gave $5. "Keep the change," I said with a killing smile. However, the epitome of perfection standing in front of me didn't seem to have noticed.

"I am sorry, but we're not allowed to do this. Here's your change," She said as calmly as she could while taking out the change and gave it to me. I knew she was gritting her teeth from the inside.

Ugh! What was I thinking? Keep the change? Oh c'mon. She didn't seem like a girl who would fall for such things in the first place. But wait. Did she just snap the money in my face when I was offering her? Oh, how rude. No, wait. I like her even more now. That girl got self respect man.

I put my wallet back in my denim pocket and went to sit on the nearest table from the counter. Why wasn't she impressed? Am I not good looking? Oh please. I was struggling hard to find an appropriate reason when she suddenly popped up.

"Here's your coffee, Sir." I immediately gestured my guard to step outside the cafe. "Thank you," I said to the adorable lady in a smooth voice. Before I could say anything else, she turned around and left.

I was taking a sip of my coffee when my phone rang. "Hello, sweetheart," I picked up. "Where are you roaming around now? Are your guards with you?" My Mom's worried voice spoke on the other end. "Yes, Mom. Don't worry I won't kick them away from me," I smirked.

Just then, I saw the pretty counter lady coming towards my side. "I gotta go, Mom," I hung up quickly and ruffled a hand in my hair trying to look handsome. The girl passed around my table. I looked in her direction behind my desk and saw an old lady who had called her to tell how great the food was. Oh, awesome. And I thought I had finally allured her. Meh.