Chapter 28

"Get in!" Elan spoke in a rush with his intent eyes looking through me.

I ignored him while panting hard and was about to continue running when he said, "In a few seconds there will be more men here than were back at the mansion and you will not be able to escape them. Get in the car if you don't want to get busted."

I looked around and everywhere there was danger waiting for me. Before the men could catch me, I jumped into Elan's car without thinking any further.

I saw him smiling after which he reversed the car and took off at God knows how many kilometres per hour. I looked behind and the men were flabbergasted with their Boss's son's behaviour.

Soon we saw two Mercedes in the rearview mirror, dying to catch us. Elan switched on his fast and furious button and we went whooshing past the other cars.

"So, long time, huh?" He spoke.

"Quite a long time." I sighed merely.

"Woaahh!" I exclaimed as we managed to dodge the Mercedes, but were also about to hit the bike in front of us which stopped suddenly, because the traffic lights had gone red. Good thing Elan took a sharp left turn right on time.

"So you do trust me, huh?" Elan said while looking at me with his twinkling eyes.

I looked out of my window to avoid him. After a few seconds, I said, "I never knew you were such a racer."

"We know little about each other."

There was a pause.
He was driving the car much smoothly now.

"I enjoyed the ride by the way. But may I ask why you helped me?" I broke the silence.

"But may I ask first what you're trying to do and what in the world have you become?" He asked.

 "Hm? And not just this, but there are a lot of other questions which you need to answer as well, lady," Elan continued to speak when he didn't get a reply from me and this time his tone was threatening.

"I can't answer any of your questions right now. Kindly drop me here somewhere. I'll go by myself. Thanks for the help."

"You'll go where? What's happening, Cassie?"

"Elan, I told you to stop the car."

"I won't. I won't. I let you go last time and you showed your face again after 6 years. In which nest are you planning to hide this time?"

"I was not hiding, Elan!"

"Then what was the problem?! You didn't even find it necessary to say a simple goodbye."

"Yes, I didn't find it necessary. I didn't want to see you again. Are you happy now?" I burst out, lying. "Now stop the car or I'll have to use force."

He stopped the car after a moment of thinking and then looked at me with pain in his eyes. I tried not to make an eye contact with him, because I knew that would have made me weak. I unbuckled my seat belt and went out of the car.

I picked up my shopping bag and ran to the other street trying to stay away from Elan. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I hated myself for being so rude. But what choice did I have? I had to do this in order to get his dad behind the bars. And after that happens, I'm sure Elan is going to hate me even more and would never talk to me again.

I heard his car rushing down the street with a heavy sound of its engine. He was gone. And I knew I had lost him again...