Chapter 24

Elan's POV:

As she took my name with her shocked, yet terrified voice, I felt my legs trembling. I was sure Cassie felt the same when she leaned on to the door quickly.

Cassie...
This name had been running around my mind for 6 years! My eyes felt so dry from not seeing her charming face. I felt..incomplete.

But she was now standing in front of me after all those hard years of her incompleteness. She had grown into a gorgeous lady.

Her silky black hair were half tied and half loose, giving her a messy, and cute hairstyle at the same time. She was wearing a beautiful party dress which reminded me of the day I last saw her. Her beauty hasn't degraded an inch, I thought.

My eyes fell soggy as my mind filled with her thoughts. It felt like somebody was hammering my heart. I wanted to forget everything and just hug her.

No Elan! No!! You can't get weak at this point. She's not worth it. She left you in the middle of nowhere and never showed her face again.
My mind blurted out.

But there could have been a reason, I'm sure.
My heart tried to persuade my mind.

Haha, oh really? First, she agrees on becoming your friend, then agrees on coming to your place, and then leaves without even uttering a single reason?

Someone might have said something. You know how father is. And the last person she was with, was him, and his secretary.

Oh yeah? But none of your family members ever said that they knew anything.

She might have not been feeling well or might have seen something bad, you know.

No, I don't know.
No one can possibly get out of your sight for 6 whole years with that sort of a reason.
She's a traitor!

What? No! We were never in a relationship.

But you guys were eventually going to be in one. No?

Just stop, okay? We have been doing this for the past so many years. Now stop. She is now standing in front of me.

Coming to that, why the hell does she suddenly show up one day looking like a thief or some sort of a spy?

If you will allow me, I already have a dozen questions to ask her.

Oh no boy. You're not going to chit chat now. This is the moment. Avail it and take your revenge. You have been searching her everywhere continuously. There was not a single day on which she didn't appear on your mind. You lost faith in friendship and love when she left you. There's no room for talking now.

What do you want me to do then? Kill her?!

I'm not that harsh. Just tell her how it feels to be abandoned.

Cassie's POV:

There was a moment of silence for a few seconds. I could feel Elan's heart beating vigorously. And so was mine.

A surge of emotions ran down my body. I had forgotten everything I remembered a few minutes before. At that time, only Elan and Elan's memories stayed in my mind.

He had grown in a graceful young man. Finesse was dropping from wherever I laid eyes on. But at that moment, I could see his face turning pale. I wanted to leave everything behind for now and just hug him.

Have you lost your mind?! The person standing in front of you is Elan ROBERT. You're here to put his father to jail, not make love with his son!
My mind came into action.

How many times do I have to tell you that he's not like his father?
My heart shouted, convincing my mind to stop thinking negative.

And did this little girl find out about Elan's pious-ness in like less than a month?

Sometimes you only need a moment to recognise a person.

Let me get this straight. The person you're trying to prove right didn't even contact you after you suddenly disappeared. Do you still think he gives a shit?

I'm hundred and one percent sure that he did try. And even if he didn't, I was the one who got lost in one clap.

His father did that to you.

Just stop, okay? We have been doing this for the past so many years. Now stop. He is now standing in front of me.
I need to talk to him. I have appeared in his mansion out of nowhere. I need to tell him the truth.

Hold on lady. There's no way that you're talking to him politely now and then thinking of making him more than just a memory. His father killed your father. And who do you think is more important to him? You or his own father?
Of course his father, stupid. He could even catch you right here like he brought you in this room and throw you somewhere so that his family name remains pure as always.

What do you want me to do then? Kill him?!

I'm not that harsh. Just kick some legs and escape. Complete your mission and don't let Elan rule your heart again.