Chapter 23

"Okay so there's going to be a guard right outside the door as well, I think," I informed Katie.

Katie and I stood right across the door. I signalled her, after which I unlocked, and pulled the door. As soon as I stepped outside, the two bodyguards, one on each side of the door gave me a suspicious look.

"Where do you think you're going?" One of them said.

"That's not how you talk to guests, sweety," I replied smirking. "I was just going to get some water."

"There's always a jug of water inside Sir's room." The other one frowned while suspecting me and took a step forward.

"Poor you.." As soon as I said this, Katie jumped in from inside and hit her elbow in one's stomach who crouched down to the floor. In the meanwhile, I banged the other one's head hard in the wall, who soon fainted.

"I think we should make him unconscious too," Katie suggested.

"Sure." I smirked and then banged Katie's prey also into the wall.

"Screw..you..." He managed to utter as he fell to the ground.

"Thank you!" Katie and I said in unison.

"God! I hate this dress," I complained about my beautiful grey sequin dress which was supposed to be suitable for the bar, you see.

"Me too. I mean have you ever come across such pretty girls knocking people's head off in such pretty dresses?"

"Stop making me laugh!" I whispered, controlling my chuckle.

"Okay so you've been here before. Guide me through the map asap," Katie ordered calmy.

"Dude, that was like 6 long years ago. Plus, I never had the chance to experience the whole place," I replied back while taking a few steps forward towards the staircase.

"You've got to be kidding me. Now what?!" Katie gritted her teeth.

"Noww, we just follow our senses."

"What do you think that room is for?" She said while pointing towards the door on the left side of the staircase, right on the opposite side of Robert's room.

"Maybe Elan's...I don't know! Let's go to the study for now. That's where we need to install a camera first."

We went downstairs and were heading towards the back side of the house when another guard stopped us.

"Poor you too," I said to him while Katie, in the blink of an eye, put him to the ground.

After hearing a thud sound, another guard came by. "Poor you three," Katie said smiling as I played karate with him and got him to the ground as well.

"Now hurry!" I grabbed Katie's hand and started running outside, towards the swimming pool. "Second door on the right," I instructed her while examining my surroundings, looking for another guard.

Katie rushed towards the study room. I stood outside, guarding the door.

After a few minutes, I called to Katie, still whispering, "How much more time?"

"Hold on. The ceiling is too high. I'm trying," she replied, struggling.

I turned around to head inside the study room and help Katie when someone caught me. A hand came rushing over my mouth in just a second, before I could retaliate. I tried to break free, but the person's grip was too stiff.

I figured he was a man. He picked me up just as he was holding me. One hand on my mouth, and the other arm over my waist. I tried to make some noise and wiggled my legs, but it was of no use.

This was not going according to plan.

He took me in front of the door beside the study room. It was slightly open. He opened it fully by pushing it with the help of his back.

I was still struggling to be free. I managed to bite him on his hand which was over my mouth. His hand let go of me, but the other arm over my waist didn't even move an inch. Without wasting any time, I kicked backwards, and my foot hit him on his leg. He lost his grip. In a flash, I took out my pistol and faced him.

No...

I was aiming my weapon at Elan. Yes, Elan. Elan Robert.

My mouth forced open in shock as my arms felt weak and I put my pistol down. "Elan?" I grabbed the door behind me to prevent myself from falling. My world was turning upside down again.