Chapter 16

My eyes forced open when my ears felt a surge of irritation and it clicked to my brain that my phone was ringing. I half opened my eyes to see the clock with a blurry vision. 5 in the morning. Who the hell? I thought.

I ruffled my hand on the bed and blanket in search of the noisy cell phone. After a few seconds of incomplete search, I glanced at my side table desk and there it was. I looked at the screen and smiled while thinking who else could it be at this hour of the day.

"Good morning idiot," I picked up.

"Hellloo sweetyy," She chuckled.

"Why do you always have to call me at a wrong time? What kind of best friend are you? Oh wait. You're not my 'best' friend. You haven't been in touch with me since ages and God knows what you're up to."

"Oh lady! Hold on there. Who's the one who's always busy?"

"You know where I work and..."

"Yeah yeah, I know. You think you've become the coolest person on earth. I wonder why the FBI even hired a goat like you."

"Heyyy! Watch what you say. I'm going to kick you hard when we meet. Well, ifff we everrr meet. You never even tell me about your job, dude. Are you like smuggling drugs or something? Because if you are, I am going to..."

"I toldd youu. It's a surprise. And no one can do anything to me, okay?"

"Well, no one except me."

"Whatever."

"Haha, so when are you going to come out of that country and pay me a visit?"

"You went from here, you should come. Huh."

"I wish I could. You know the circumstances."

"Don't worry, we'll set that Roberti on fire someday. Anyways, I just wanted to check up on you. Now that I'm satisfied that no one shot you, I'm going to hang up. I have a busy day ahead too, okay?"

"You're so caring, mama," I teased her as I laughed. "And yes, I know you keep yourself busy by stalking and staring at cute guys." I continued talking.

"Um well, hehe. Okay go now. Shoo shoo. Bubye love."

"Byee penguin!"

Talking to her always made me feel relaxed and gleeful. I usually hated someone waking me up from my sleep, but I actually liked it when she did it. I missed her. We hadn't seen each other for like so many years. Just used to Skype her once in a month. But I knew she was really planning on doing something.

Me, on the other hand, used to spend most of the time working and gaining experience on several important cases. It seemed like I impressed the boss so he kept me updated on all the matters and in little time, I gained a lot. And oh, don't gulp in wrong thoughts, because my boss is almost the same age as my dad would be.

I liked my profession. No matter how much tiring it was. I had chosen it for myself. I wanted to be a lawyer when I was little. However, after I was thrown away from my own country, and far away from my own dad, I made a promise to myself. I made a promise that I would work hard and prove to be like him. I made a promise that I would take revenge from Mister Robert at any cost. I made a promise that I would be strong.