Chapter 11

It was two weeks after Elan and I became friends when he invited me to his house for lunch. After noticing my worried expression, he first laughed and then calmed me down by saying that he wasn't going to ask for her hand or anything. It was just a friendly gathering. He wanted me to meet his mom.

I was, on the other hand, excited to see his big house and also to meet his family. I had agreed to go. He said he lived a little far from my apartment so a car will come and take me. Impressive, no? Just like in movies. I felt like a Cinderella though this was only a friendly gathering. I doubted that, though. But whatever it was, I had started to like it.

It was finally Sunday. An awaited day. I could see a bright, sunny morning ahead of me. And a delicious lunch too. I grinned. As much as I was enthusiastic to go, I was also nervous. I started my day by taking a bath and made myself cereal for breakfast. After which I opened up my books and started continuing to work on an assignment.

After a few hours, Elan called me. "Heyy!" I picked up.

"Hiii Cassieee," an energized bunny spoke on the other end. "I hope you haven't forgotten that we're meeting today," he continued to speak.

"We meet every day, Mister Smartypants."

"Oh you know what I mean, Miss Minion."

"Hey! I..."

"Yeah yeah I know. Save your energy for today. My driver will arrive at your doorstep in an hour."

I ironed my hair just to give them more finesse and wore a black party frock with red stiletto. Hmm. I look good, I thought as I looked in the mirror. Just a little touch of mascara and blush-on and I'll be set. I wasn't a 'make-up girl', you see. I was putting on my plum lip gloss when I heard a car's horn. I hurriedly put my phone in my clutch, locked the door and went out.

I stepped out of my apartment building and a refreshing wind welcomed me. In no time, a suited booted man appeared in front of me. He told me Elan had sent him and then escorted me towards a fine black mercedes. Mer-ce-des? Oh my.

The guard opened the door for me and I settled myself in that beauty. It was so warm and comfortable and glamorous. As quickly as possible, the guard and driver also took their seats and off we went.

After good 20 minutes, we arrived in front of an enormous gate. It was made of thick, black metal along with stone work. The driver gave a slight horn and two guards opened the gate hurriedly. Oh. My. God. I couldn't help, but hold my breath as I took in its magnificence.

In front of me was a long driveway lined with pine trees. On either sides were huge, beautiful lawns. Inside each lawn was a circle made up of the prettiest and colourful flowers I had ever seen. Above the driveway stood a huge, grey mansion decorated with stones, marble and glass.

I was lost in the mesmerizing beauty of the place when the car came to a halt. We stopped in a vast garage which was lined with some expensive, gorgeous work. You name it and it was there. And God knows what I still hadn't seen. This Elan guy was even richer than I had imagined.

Let the journey begin.