Chapter 9

Elan's POV:

Last night was one of the best nights for me. Cassie finally opened up to me. It felt as if we were old friends gathering after a while. I didn't know how, or why, but she kept alluring me. However, I knew she had zero intentions of doing that.

I was happy. I was really happy. I had, at last, come to know her. It was hard for me to believe that so many responsibilities were laid on her poor shoulders. I really wanted to put her at ease and give her a life she deserved.

I promised myself that I'll not force her into liking me. No matter how much my heart says to do it. I'll just be friends with her, and then later, let her decide. But I knew one thing that she'd turn to me some day. I knew it deep in my heart. No matter how tough she showed herself.

I didn't care whether she was all by herself in this world, or she was poor, or whatever. I had enough money, so why was it even necessary for rich people like us to marry a girl from a wealthy family as well?

I woke up having these thoughts on my mind. After a while of yawning and stretching, I got up, took a quick shower, and got dressed to head to my university. I really needed to work hard if I was to free our huge company from my father's bad impact.

Not that he wasn't a good businessman. He was, in fact, one of the finest businessmen in the country. It was just that he was way too fine. He would do anything to save his name and company. And rumours told me that he had done some reaally bad things.

I was struggling through my last lecture when someone popped into my head. That cute cafe girl, of course. I can't wait to see her, maybe I should buy her a gift, I thought.

Should I give her flowers? No, no. She wasn't my date. Okay then how about I gift her a car or something? Oh no, no way. That'd be too much, maybe. Ugh, what was I supposed to do. I had never been in this kind of situation before. Strange, right?

I had never gone this crazy after a woman. And so, never been in a relationship. My mother had always told me that unless you don't truly love someone, you shouldn't be with him/her. There's no point, she would say.

I had been with a few girls before. I wasn't that pious, you know. Girls had always been coming to me. Some saw my good looks, and the other, money. I was quite mad, because I wasn't able to reject someone right away. However, I had never been in love. And neither did my mother like any of the women I dated. It had always been for a short time period. I was sincere to each one of them, but it just never felt right.

The person I had loved the most since birth was my mother. I hadn't spend much time with my father. He was always so busy with his work and entertainment. It was my luck that I didn't took after my dad. Though my mom liked that fact more than I did, in her heart.